ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Skinny Paste

<< < (4/5) > >>

skwire:
To the OP: You just described ClipX!-sri (August 18, 2010, 03:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not really.  IMHO, the OP didn't want a clipboard manager; he wanted a quick-paste menu for some pre-determined pieces of text.  Not quite the same.

222fbj:
You might try Notetab - a free/light text editor, which includes a clipboard.

To use the clipboard go to (menu) Document>Use as Pasteboard

http://notetab.com/

pulphero:
You might try Notetab - a free/light text editor, which includes a clipboard.
-222fbj (September 17, 2010, 10:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've used (and still use, every day) NoteTab Pro for years - but it doesn't do what I asked for and which skwire helpfully created for me.

msteph:
skwire, this looks like a very handy little app but I must be doing something wrong (wouldn't be the first time) because it doesn't work for me as it does for pulphero.

I created the clips.txt file. ran SkinnyPaste.exe, pressed CONTROL SHIFT Q to bring up the list but when I click on one of the items, that text is not pasted into metapad (my active application) but rather whatever is already on the clipboard is pasted.

IOW, for some reason SkinnyPaste is not reading the chosen item to the clipboard for it to then be pasted.

Also you say "If you make changes to the clips.txt file, simply right-click the tray icon and choose reload."

If I right-click the tray icon, the only choices I see are "Suspend Hotkeys", "Pause Script" and "Exit", no 'reload' option.

What am I doing wrong?

pulphero:
It sounds like you're running the executable. If you run the script itself and then right-click its icon in the task bar, you'll see the Reload option.

When I run the executable I don't see that option, either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version