ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Skinny Paste

<< < (2/5) > >>

pulphero:
Can each of your ten entries be contained on one line or do you envision multiline entries i.e. an entry with a carriage return?
-skwire (August 15, 2010, 08:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

One line - though multi-line entries would be nice in case a need for them arises down the road.

pulphero:
Maybe Solway's CLIPTEXT ?  It's lightweight all right; only 140K download.  You'd need to check it works on late-model Windows, though.
-rjbull (August 15, 2010, 10:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks! I downloaded the software and gave it a spin.

It works as advertised but it's not right for me because clicking a clip only loads it into the clipboard. I need the clip pasted in the active app. I wasn't able to set a hotkey, either.

Also - and maybe this is an example of ClipText not working well with later versions of Windows - clicking a clip shuts down the program.

skwire:
@pulphero: Any particular hotkey you would like to use?

pulphero:
@pulphero: Any particular hotkey you would like to use?
-skwire (August 15, 2010, 12:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes - the one I have mapped to my middle mouse button: CONTROL SHIFT Q

skwire:
Here you go (source/binary included):  SkinnyPaste

Create a clips.txt file in the same folder as the SkinnyPaste executable and then run SkinnyPaste.exe.  Put one clip per line in this format: <menu caption>|<clip text>

--- ---My email|[email protected]
Homepage|http://www.pulphero.com
If you make changes to the clips.txt file, simply right-click the tray icon and choose reload.  Currently, you can only have single line clips but you can have as many as you would like i.e. more than ten.  At this point, I just wanted to see if this is what you had in mind.

Here's the code for the folks that don't want to download the zip.

--- Code: Autohotkey ---SetBatchLines, -1 ; Read clips.txt file into a variable.FileRead, myClips, % A_ScriptDir . "\clips.txt" Loop, Parse, myClips, `n, `r{    If ( A_LoopField != "" )    {        ; Extract menu entry text before the first pipe character.        MenuEntry := SubStr( A_LoopField, 1, InStr( A_LoopField, "|" ) - 1 )                ; Build the menu using the extracted text.         Menu, ClipMenu, Add, % MenuEntry, OnClipMenu    }}Return ; End of auto-execute section.  OnClipMenu:{    Loop, Parse, myClips, `n, `r    {        If ( A_LoopField != "" )        {            If ( A_Index = A_ThisMenuItemPos )            {                ; Extract all text from the first pipe character to the end of the string.                Clip := SubStr( A_LoopField, -( StrLen( A_LoopField ) - InStr( A_LoopField, "|" ) - 1 ) )                                ; Activate the window that active when the clip menu was instantiated.                WinActivate, % "ahk_id " . activeID                WinWaitActive, % "ahk_id " . activeID                                ; Saved previous clipboard contents.                        SavedClip := ClipboardAll                                ; Put extracted clip contents on the clipboard and give it a second.                Clipboard := Clip                ClipWait, 1                                ; Paste clip contents.                SendInput, ^v                                ; Restore saved clipboard contents.                Clipboard := SavedClip            }        }    }}Return  ^+q:: ; Change hotkey to suit.{    ; Get the ID of the active window.    WinGet, activeID, ID, A        ; Show the clip menu.    Menu, ClipMenu, Show}Return

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version