ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Question for Excel experts...

(1/3) > >>

superboyac:
I have a spreadsheet that was written by someone a long time ago, and I'm kind of trying to reverse engineer it.  I'm trying to see what he's doing by following the formulas.  But there are so many cells to navigate through...is there some kind of way to generate a list that tells me what the formula in each cell is?  Something like

Cell M1 = A1+B1
Cell M2 = A2+B2

And so forth.  I just want a list so I can quickly follow everything without having to jump around forever.

Thanks for any help.

Carol Haynes:
Not sure if you can do that but you can printout the spreadsheet with the formulae in the cells rather than the results.

tsaint:
I have a spreadsheet that was written by someone a long time ago, and I'm kind of trying to reverse engineer it.  I'm trying to see what he's doing by following the formulas.  But there are so many cells to navigate through...is there some kind of way to generate a list that tells me what the formula in each cell is?  Something like

Cell M1 = A1+B1
Cell M2 = A2+B2

And so forth.  I just want a list so I can quickly follow everything without having to jump around forever.

Thanks for any help.
-superboyac (February 08, 2006, 05:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Tools/options/View Tab  .... check the view formulae box

superboyac:
Thanks.  I found out it was the "Ctrl" + "~" combo that toggles the formula box you mentioned.  Very cool!

dajo:
Also, be sure to check out the Formula Auditing toolbar (View: Toolbars).  It will draw arrows to and from dependent cells.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version