ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Goodbye all, I'm out of here effective immediately

<< < (3/16) > >>

f0dder:
One lesson I've (hopefully) learned: when in an upset state, don't make big decisions, and don't post stuff publicly. Take a few big steps bag and breathe deeply.

tomos:
In the heat of the moment it seemed to me after reading the long thread about the gpl and talking to gothic, that the right thing to do was to immediately remove the exe and notify you guys and take it from there.  that was a judgement call that i made, and i may have been wrong in doing so.-mouser (August 11, 2010, 12:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

It does seem pretty [unintentionally] harsh to me to do that without prior notification - also in the context that it was being openly discussed - but you've explained the hows & whys & I hope that Markham reads them as they seem fair & honest to me.

[edit] * I added 'unintentionally' cause I know mouser & I know he didnt mean to offend in any way which as said is also clear from his posts [/edit]

40hz:
One lesson I've (hopefully) learned: when in an upset state, don't make big decisions, and don't post stuff publicly. Take a few big steps bag and breathe deeply.
-f0dder (August 11, 2010, 12:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1 Big Time!

That was something I learned the hard way many years ago.

I totally wrecked a 15+ year friendship with one angry and ill considered e-mail that day.

That's one mistake I have no intention of ever repeating.

wraith808:
-f0dder (August 11, 2010, 12:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1 Big Time!
-40hz (August 11, 2010, 01:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1 from me also.  I find that when I feel compelled to respond, it's best not to, for that usually means it's my emotions driving me, rather than my reason.  Once I get to the point where I could or could not respond, then I'm usually in a better state of mind.  That doesn't always work... but it's been a good rule of thumb.

sgtevmckay:
Has anyone tried to contact Eric and ask if he'd by happy to relicense the original code, possibly just to a select set of developers such as sgtevmckay and Markham, to allow the closed source derivative? Lots of code is dual licensed under a GPL and commercial license.

-Eóin (August 11, 2010, 12:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have been e-mailing, searching, and attempting to contact VideoInPicture for well over a year and a half.
At one time I was e-mailing monthly updates.
My search continues to this day. It has become a personal issue of pride.
there have only ever been 2 people I have been unable to finds and one of them is dead.

My search continues

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version