ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Suggesting names for new derivitative of CircleDock

<< < (2/11) > >>

tomos:
"Silk Dock"
-Markham (August 06, 2010, 11:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

it's off-topic really but that's a nice name there (IMO)

cranioscopical:
"Silk Dock"
-Markham (August 06, 2010, 11:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

it's off-topic really but that's a nice name there (IMO)
-tomos (August 06, 2010, 01:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
Plus, instead of having to 'put a sock in it' you'd be able to take one out!

joby_toss:
As I'm sick of the Apple-ish term "dock", and also in the light of the unavoidable development-path-change, I suggest we smile a bit while reading each other's ideas about the names we imagine for the next version's codename.
I hope I'm not offending anyone by doing this as this trend was started by Markham himself in the license discussion thread.

So I'll continue here:

BYRLYAU (welsh)
or
BUBBLES (english)

tomos:
Nice idea(s) :)
Welsh words look beautiful I always find, but I never have a clue how to pronounce them - it's even worse than Irish that way I think...

Good point about the 'Dock' word - but it is, (for want of a better description) a 'guiding' word - people know straight away what it's about

wraith808:
Good point about the 'Dock' word - but it is, (for want of a better description) a 'guiding' word - people know straight away what it's about
-tomos (August 06, 2010, 02:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1, and branding is everything, especially in a commercial product.  Though I suppose there are other words that might convey the same thing, especially since the 'Dock' doesn't actually dock to anything, unlike other docks out there.

Maybe launcher, i.e. Circle Launcher?

Looking at synonyms for launch- Cast is one that it puts forth.  So App Caster?  Or maybe Activator would be a word to use since it's also a synonym.

Just brainstorming...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version