ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any Firefox addon to do multiple searches in same search engine?

<< < (2/5) > >>

barney:
Call it a freak talent - although I'm not so certain talent is the appropriate phrase.

I've been clocked by the IT folk because I complained their system was slow.  They said I was typing over 250 wpm :o.  However, that was 10-20 character bursts, then hit tab or enter, so it's not near so fast as it seems ;D.

barney:
I have run into this problem with Google, too, and it's very frustrating when it happens.
--- End quote ---
Yeah!  Might as well go bake a loaf of bread, you're not gonna do much else for a while :mad:.

app103:
Yeah!  Might as well go bake a loaf of bread, you're not gonna do much else for a while :mad:.
-barney (August 07, 2010, 05:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, that's when I switch to using AOL search. It's pretty much nothing but Google with a different URL & logo.

MilesAhead:
Has anyone tried AltaVista search afa this issue? I'm just curious if AltaVista does things differently or follows the pack. :)

barney:
Don't personally use Alta Vista much, but have a few acquaintances who swear by it.  And they've encountered similar problems in the past when trying to use some sort of search automation [duh].

I suspect that the search engines' abhorrence of automated methods is pretty much universal ;D.

Actually, why do they dislike automated methods?  Afraid someone will steal their results?  That kinda, sorta sounds reasonable, I guess.  Or would it be because of excessive traffic?  Is a puzzlement :tellme:.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version