ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any Firefox addon to do multiple searches in same search engine?

(1/5) > >>

daddydave:
I'm trying to find a Firefox addon to do multiple searches in a single search engine (I have Chrome installed too, so that would probably be fine). I'm not sure what the UI would be but one way to do it would be to offer a text area to paste a list of your things you want to do a search on,  hit submit and you see several tabs open up, each representing search results for a line item.

So for example, you paste in or type in a list of actors, and you get an IMDB search for each actor.

barney:
Google will block me if I perform several searches in rapid succession, e.g., spelling variants, modifiers, and the like.  It claims that I appear be using an automated search system and then it will block any searches from my IP address for 30-60 minutes.  Seems I've run into similar blockages at other search engines in the past, as well.

That does not bode well for your search  :o.

daddydave:
Google will block me if I perform several searches in rapid succession, e.g., spelling variants, modifiers, and the like.  It claims that I appear be using an automated search system and then it will block any searches from my IP address for 30-60 minutes.  Seems I've run into similar blockages at other search engines in the past, as well.

That does not bode well for your search  :o.
-barney (August 06, 2010, 11:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Excellent point. Maybe I could work around it by spacing the searches out time-wise.

JavaJones:
You must be working really fast! I use Google pretty much constantly on some days, with several searches a minute for sustained periods (as many as 15 in a minute, or one every 4 seconds, in some cases). Not that I doubt it's happened to you, I'm just surprised.

- Oshyan

app103:
Google will block me if I perform several searches in rapid succession, e.g., spelling variants, modifiers, and the like.  It claims that I appear be using an automated search system and then it will block any searches from my IP address for 30-60 minutes.  Seems I've run into similar blockages at other search engines in the past, as well.

That does not bode well for your search  :o.
-barney (August 06, 2010, 11:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

You must be working really fast! I use Google pretty much constantly on some days, with several searches a minute for sustained periods (as many as 15 in a minute, or one every 4 seconds, in some cases). Not that I doubt it's happened to you, I'm just surprised.

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (August 07, 2010, 04:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have run into this problem with Google, too, and it's very frustrating when it happens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version