ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FBx eXtender's 'Click switch file box folder feature' - can this be done in AHK?

(1/5) > >>

David.P:
I'm really hooked on the "Click switch file box folder" feature of FileBox eXtender.

However, FileBox eXtender a) is buggy (crashes Dopus all the time, creates problems with the z-order of windows, etc.), and b) is discontinued.

This is why I was wondering whether it would be possible/difficult to re-build that click switch file box folder feature of FileBXtender in AutoHotkey?

That feature makes every application's Open/Save file box automatically switch to the same folder that is open in Windows Explorer (or Dopus, for example) -- as soon as you click on the respective Dopus or Explorer window.

Unfortunately, at the moment I have no idea how to code this in AutoHotkey (although I've done quite a bit of AHK coding).

Thanks already for any ideas,
Cheers David.P

Winkie:
This is why I was wondering whether it would be possible/difficult to re-build that click switch file box folder feature of FileBXtender in AutoHotkey?-David.P (August 06, 2010, 02:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, an AHK code for that is already present at DC: LinkExplorerPathToFileDialog. It's still "alpha code".
But you should be able to make it work with Dopus. If you have difficulties with that, let me know. Then I'll into it in the weekend.

HTH,
Winkie

David.P:
Great, thanks!

Actually I see from the other thread you mentioned that Direct Folders has that feature as well! Good news.

Thus, I'll try and check Direct Folders first.

Thanks again,
Cheers David.P

sri:
I use Direct Folders and it provides the same feature. Directory Opus is what I use as my file manager too.

I also set it so double clicking in empty space inside Directory Opus brings up Direct Folders menu.

David.P:
I also set it so double clicking in empty space inside Directory Opus brings up Direct Folders menu.
-sri (August 17, 2010, 01:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

How do you do that? For me, the Direct Folders menu doesn't work in Dopus (actually I'd prefer if middle click would brig up the Direct Folders menu).

Also, the "Click switch file box folder feature" sometimes only kicks in after a doing a "change-folder-and-back" in Dopus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version