ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Five Reasons Why People Hate Apple

<< < (20/27) > >>

Eóin:
They've not managed to make C# in any way useful for MS Office yet... Grrr... While C++ may be great in many aspects, it's still a beast.-Renegade (May 01, 2011, 10:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Whereas for me, as long they don't support C++, or at least C++/CLI, on Windows Mobile I won't develop for it. C++ is just soooooooooo lovely to code in.

Stoic Joker:
They've not managed to make C# in any way useful for MS Office yet... Grrr... While C++ may be great in many aspects, it's still a beast.-Renegade (May 01, 2011, 10:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Whereas for me, as long they don't support C++, or at least C++/CLI, on Windows Mobile I won't develop for it. C++ is just soooooooooo lovely to code in.-Eóin (May 01, 2011, 10:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll 2nd that, I love working in C++!

I got stuck the last few weeks working on one of our Intranet sites coded in ASP (e.g. VB), and it just makes me want to scream every time I have to deal with it.

Either rigidly define the data types ala C++, or completely ignore them ala PHP...That's fine. ASP/VB have generally undefined data types loosely based on rules I swear they make up on-the-fly. It's a freakin' nightmare trying to get anything done quickly with that mess.

Renegade:
--- End quote ---

Whereas for me, as long they don't support C++, or at least C++/CLI, on Windows Mobile I won't develop for it. C++ is just soooooooooo lovely to code in.
-Eóin (May 01, 2011, 10:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

It would be insanity not to support C++. Nobody would do that. Hell, even Apple supports C++ (kind of).

All I want is the same level of support for C# as C++ gets.

If you look at MS Office, it's a nightmare to deal with it in C#. Heck, it's a nightmare in C++, but still better there than in C#. .NET in MS Office is a pigment of our imaginations. Moreover, that pigment is transparent, as in invisible.

Yes. I know that it's work. It's a lot of work. C# requires more than C++. But that's part of what makes it a higher level language.

Higher level languages require more work as they are evolutionary.

Still, I'm crossing my fingers.

Right now Novell is leading the charge, but... I'd rather see the platform vendors support C# natively. (That goes for Android, iOS, Blackberry or whatever.)

As far as I can see it, the three primary languages for mobile should likely be C++, C#, and Java. All as first class languages.

Like seriously... it's 2011... The companies are f***ing around with developers and forcing us to "take sides".

The platform BS is just old now and I'm sick of it.

Renegade:
I got stuck the last few weeks working on one of our Intranet sites coded in ASP (e.g. VB), and it just makes me want to scream every time I have to deal with it.
-Stoic Joker (May 01, 2011, 11:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

ASP sucked. It's no wonder MS gave up on it almost a decade ago now~! :) :P

Kamel:
Wow, I think I just got crit-text'd for over 9,000 hit points.

I'll share my simple position on apple.

If you are old, don't care to learn just want to use something and it work, apple is for you.

If you are interested in learning, tweaking, using your PC for something not every person does, or navigating your computer with only the keyboard, etc apple is not for you.

Am I being too simple here since my opinion doesn't take 2 pages to write? *shrugs*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version