ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Five Reasons Why People Hate Apple

<< < (4/27) > >>

Josh:
Wrong, I do not expect anything. I believe people are using what works for them. As I said above, what I really dislike is people who push their "born again" beliefs onto others. There is even one or two which poke their heads around here every now and then for various products/platforms.

alivingspirit:
 :-[ Oops. I guess that came across wrong. I agree with you Josh. I didn't mean it is like that in all cases.
Just like people don't necessarily think that all mac users have mac-user values. All I meant was that some Mac users would also assume the other way around because they strongly defend their beliefs and assume that non-Mac users are hostile to that belief. Its a double edged stereotype.

Josh:
Please do not take my post as an attack, although I did word it as such inadvertently. This topic just grinds my gears when people make assumptions about me because of something I said. I always like to remind fanboys which make assumptions that when you ASSUME it makes an ASS out of U and ME.

zridling:
As the author notes, however, a key point is how Apple -- and its followers -- respond to the ordinary criticism that other companies have encountered. Apple and Steve Jobs choose to respond with threats, lawsuits, bluster, cutting off media access, among other embarrassing recent problems (such as how to hold the phone in a magical way that it doesn't drop calls). Apple invites further criticism if it doesn't step up and do right by its customers, no matter how fanatical or zealous.

alivingspirit:
As the author notes, however, a key point is how Apple -- and its followers -- respond to the ordinary criticism that other companies have encountered. Apple and Steve Jobs choose to respond with threats, lawsuits, bluster, cutting off media access, among other embarrassing recent problems (such as how to hold the phone in a magical way that it doesn't drop calls). Apple invites further criticism if it doesn't step up and do right by its customers, no matter how fanatical or zealous.
-zridling (August 06, 2010, 10:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
It seems as though the arrogance that Apple fans are prone to starts at the company.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version