ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Five Reasons Why People Hate Apple

<< < (2/27) > >>

justice:
These anti <brandname> vibes can really ruin the atmosphere of a community  :-\

Josh:
I absolutely do NOT hate Apple. They make good products. Unfortunately, they are far too overpriced for what I am paying for. The amount of functionality lost compared to that gained is not justifiable in the additional costs.

That said, I do hate fanboys and zealots, of any product for that matter. I absolutely despise being told that a mac "just works" when more and more that is proven to be far from the case as userbase increases. I am sick of being told by a co-worker that he bought his dad a mac and now "I receive no more support calls". I absolutely cannot stand the smugness with which Steve Jobs operates and works. Take the iPhone4 fiasco, he could have just been a man and admitted a problem rather than drag 4 other phone manufacturers into it. I really do hope that litigation is brought against him for that little act.

I am fairly certain that, at least my first point, is felt by quite a few people. There is nothing worse than someone trying to sell you something that you A. have expressed no interest in learning about or possibly pursuing, B. Legitimately cannot afford, and C. is sold in a manner that says "You will be cool if you use this" or "You will now be in high society". It reminds me too much of organized religion or those door-to-door people who try and push "The watchtower" on my family. They assume that because they found something so great and useful in their lives, that everyone must know and be interested in the same.

This level of fanaticism does not limit itself to Apple. The group of *nix/OSS (Notice the lack of F/OSS, this is because many users assume that OSS == free) is far deeper in their level of fanaticism. There are Microsoft fanatics, ford fanatics, toaster fanatics, you name it, there is a fanatic for it. Let people use what they like. Do not try and push something on me that I did not ask you about. And most of all, DO NOT blow smoke up my @#! by telling me how your product is "all that and a bag of chips". I learned long ago that you trade one evil for another no matter which decision you make.

</rant>

tomos:
These anti <brandname> vibes can really ruin the atmosphere of a community-justice (August 05, 2010, 03:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'd agree, to a certain extent anyways:
there are no apple fanboys here at donationcoder - so I see no reason for the amount of "anti <brandname> vibes" that do go around here on a regular basis.

If you're having trouble with this sort of person elsewhere, you could deal with it elsewhere

Saying that I enjoy a fair bashing - and an occassionial unfair bashing - maybe I'm being hypocritical...

my two cents

Stoic Joker:
There is nothing worse than someone trying to sell you something that you A. have expressed no interest in learning about or possibly pursuing, B. Legitimately cannot afford, and C. is sold in a manner that says "You will be cool if you use this" or "You will now be in high society". It reminds me too much of organized religion or those door-to-door people who try and push "The watchtower" on my family. They assume that because they found something so great and useful in their lives, that everyone must know and be interested in the same.-Josh (August 05, 2010, 06:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
:Thmbsup: Damn Straight! :Thmbsup:

ljbirns:
I love my ipod touch :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version