ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Auspex - a Windows Productivity App

<< < (73/83) > >>

robbero:
Very nice piece of software  :D
I used texter till now, today I switched to auspex.
I really like the calculator function. :)
Regex is also great to use :)

Just a few thoughts:
- Would it be possible to trigger with a popup?
  p.e. now I use \\a" to write an "ä"
        and \\a^ to write an "â"
        and so on
  It would be nice if Auspex can do this:
  write an "a" --> trigger --> popup with â,ä,à etc
         and "A" --> trigger --> popup with Ä,Â,Á etc

- Triggered by.... can it be set to a customized default trigger
                     p.e. only "return"
- I noted that I always double click the system icon hoping that the auspex window will be shown.. Would this be possible?
- All my hotkeys in texter are with instant triggering
  so writing \\a" gives me immediately this character "ä"
  There is not an instant triggering in auspex?
- I have a folder with the name "AutoCompletions", don't know what it is.
  Can't delete it.
  Oeps... Now I receive an access violation:
  Access Violation at address 0091B427 in module Auspex.exe. Read of address 00000004
  Oh no... all my new keys are gone. Program crashed.
- Started again...
  btw what does "Hot Keys" mean in Program Options.
  I have a grey page when I click on it and don't see anything.
- a suggestion: copy a current key and paste with new name. This is easy if you want to create a new key which is almost the same as an existing one.

Thank you very much again.

ps: my os = win xp pro sp3

Ath:
- Would it be possible to trigger with a popup?
  p.e. now I use \\a" to write an "ä"
        and \\a^ to write an "â"
        and so on
  It would be nice if Auspex can do this:
  write an "a" --> trigger --> popup with â,ä,à etc
         and "A" --> trigger --> popup with Ä,Â,Á etc
-robbero (February 03, 2011, 03:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Windows does have the "US International" keyboarddriver available, that can be installed next to the much used US keyboard, and is easily activated/switched by a left-ctrl-shift press. Then it's even easier to type "a to get ä, 'c to get ç, ^o for ô. If you need the accent without the following letter, just press space.
I wouldn't use Auspex for that. It's correct that the standard keyboarddriver doesn't facilitate to show a popup.

timns:
Hi Robbero,

Thank you for all the comments and feedback. I'm planning a new release of the software this weekend and I will add as many features as I can from your excellent list.

Sorry about the crash - the AutoCompletions folder is where Auspx stores words that it has learned from you. I'd better prevent that from being deleted  :-[

I'll add your comments to redmine so we can track them.

timns:
Windows does have the "US International" keyboarddriver available, that can be installed next to the much used US keyboard, and is easily activated/switched by a left-ctrl-shift press. Then it's even easier to type "a to get ä, 'c to get ç, ^o for ô. If you need the accent without the following letter, just press space.
I wouldn't use Auspex for that. It's correct that the standard keyboarddriver doesn't facilitate to show a popup.
-Ath (February 03, 2011, 06:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Which of course totally blows my IDE's out of the water, where control+space is autocompletion for variables and functions. I don't think that keyboard combo can be changed?

robbero:
Hi Robbero,

Thank you for all the comments and feedback. I'm planning a new release of the software this weekend and I will add as many features as I can from your excellent list.

Sorry about the crash - the AutoCompletions folder is where Auspx stores words that it has learned from you. I'd better prevent that from being deleted  :-[

I'll add your comments to redmine so we can track them.

-timns (February 03, 2011, 09:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you very much for your kind reply.
Happy to read that there will be a new release this weekend.

@ath,
I've read about the international us keyboard driver. I already have a "dead key" system on my keyboard (using microsoft keyboard layout) but I find it much easier to use a pop-up for it. I don't remember me all the dead keys on my keyboard :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version