ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Auspex - a Windows Productivity App

<< < (69/83) > >>

bmms:
Of course, you can laugh at your users this way but you may want to check out this.

Anway, it is your business. Good luck. Bye.

timns:
Of course, you can laugh at your users this way but you may want to check out this.
-BartelsMedia (January 15, 2011, 11:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
I wasn't laughing at my users - I love these guys. But we should be able to laugh at ourselves.

Anway, it is your business. Good luck. Bye.

--- End quote ---

No, just a hobby. Thank you for the good wishes - you inspire me to carry on improving the software  :Thmbsup:

timns:
Indeed, he seems to use FamFam without giving credit. Shame!
-Merrylic (January 14, 2011, 06:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Consider me chastised. Now I know that some of my icons are from FamFam, I have added a link to his site from the About screen of Auspex, and I'll also add a credit to the documentation when it's available to the masses.

bmms:
But we should be able to laugh at ourselves.
--- End quote ---

Of course. The challenge with a text input helper is that it actually is serious business.

Users will certainly not appreciate if a utility reveals their passwords and may forget to smile if a guy's password named after his Ex pops up in front of his wive. ;-)

mouser:
Looks like we have a case here of there being some useful issues to talk about (how to deal with passwords in such programs) -- but being raised in a less than ideally helpful manner..  Let's try to remember that we are trying to be helpful to each other here not to score debating points.  And yeah, we all need to keep our sense of humour or we'll never survive :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version