ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Auspex - a Windows Productivity App

<< < (44/83) > >>

cranioscopical:
Sounds good!

(there are more ways to use this than you might imagine)-timns
--- End quote ---

(but one might imagine more ways to use it than are possible)

BTW, I like Perry's idea for an on/off switch (from the tray icon?), rather than stop/restart.

cranioscopical:
Pop-ups with number keys are a bit wobbly here.

I've been getting this (because I didn't read carefully and so was using the regular number keys, not the numeric keypad.

but after that, using the keypad '2' to select option 2 in the above produced (don't laugh)  "comakerputeputeputer" 

timns:

I've been getting this (because I didn't read carefully and so was using the regular number keys, not the numeric keypad. (see attachment in previous post)
but after that, using the keypad '2' to select option 2 in the above produced (don't laugh)  "comakerputeputeputer" 
-cranioscopical (November 04, 2010, 07:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds like a ferpectly reasonable word to me. This is still an experimental feature of course - I just had forogtten that the old build died on the 5th.

Does it recover if you start with a fresh bit of typing in your editor?

cranioscopical:

I've been getting this (because I didn't read carefully and so was using the regular number keys, not the numeric keypad. (see attachment in previous post)
-cranioscopical (November 04, 2010, 07:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds like a ferpectly reasonable word to me. This is still an experimental feature of course - I just had forogtten that the old build died on the 5th.

Does it recover if you start with a fresh bit of typing in your editor?
-timns (November 04, 2010, 08:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
No, it doesn't.
The same thing happens if I use exclusively the numpad keys.
Using the completions in the image above, in a fresh run of Auspex, and adding a few spaces and a newline between each, gives: 

com[tab] = companies
com[2] = companieputer

I've just this moment realized that this is happening in the Boxer text editor, in which everything that misbehaved elsewhere used to behave properly.
The issue above doesn't occur in — wait for it… wait for it… Kedit!!
It's fine in notepad.
Okay, got it.
I've had Boxer's autocomplete function enabled, which hasn't clashed previously with Auspex.
The new number choices are being grabbed by Boxer, not Auspex.
Turned off Boxer's autocomplete.
Take another antacid and see me again in a week.
No need for an English/Auspex — Auspex/English dictionary after all.

Sorry about that one  :-[

timns:
Okay, got it.
I've had Boxer's autocomplete function enabled, which hasn't clashed previously with Auspex.
The new number choices are being grabbed by Boxer, not Auspex.
Turned off Boxer's autocomplete.
Take another antacid and see me again in a week.
No need for an English/Auspex — Auspex/English dictionary after all.

Sorry about that one  :-[

-cranioscopical (November 04, 2010, 08:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah ha! Whew. I wish it were possible to detect that sort of thing and back off, but I cannot find anything that will tell Auspex that there's already completion functionality in place. I suppose I could make the numpad a switchable feature. If that's of interest, plonk it in redmine for me and I'll be delighted to take care of it.  :Thmbsup:

Next, I'll try and finish the search thingummy, and also the fuzzy feature.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version