ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Auspex - a Windows Productivity App

<< < (31/83) > >>

cranioscopical:
First off, at the moment, if a folder is empty it is discarded when the tree is refreshed (either by the button or by a stop/restart) - so that explains 1 thru 10 (stupid list got renumbered!)

11: AutoCompletions is where Auspex parks completions it has made for you on-the-fly, as you probably guessed. The 'folder,' inside is simply the *word* 'folder' that you have probably been typing so often it decided it would store it for you as a suggestion.
--- End quote ---

Well, what can I say? If you didn't have a dumb user how else would the program get broken?  :-[

Select a block of text in some program. Let go of the mouse,
--- End quote ---
I understand the action but it wasn't happening.
Thinking back, since Kedit has been snatched from the jaws of Auspex, I probably assumed that drag-drop wasn't working at all when, in fact, it doesn't work from Kedit (which does support drag-drop). When dropping on the tree didn't work I *could* drop into the replacement-text box. Maybe I tried the tree at a point where things had come looose. I can drag-drop today from FF and WordPerfect but not from Kedit.

Good thing you have so many Kedit users, or you might feel that the time spent on it was wasted!

I'm going to remove all parts of Auspex and start over, waiting until the Auspex AutoCompletions folder has appeared before I create another or attempt any moves at all.

My hope is to acquire some good moves before too long!

Thanks!

timns:

I understand the action but it wasn't happening.
Thinking back, since Kedit has been snatched from the jaws of Auspex, I probably assumed that drag-drop wasn't working at all when, in fact, it doesn't work from Kedit (which does support drag-drop). When dropping on the tree didn't work I *could* drop into the replacement-text box. Maybe I tried the tree at a point where things had come looose. I can drag-drop today from FF and WordPerfect but not from Kedit.

Good thing you have so many Kedit users, or you might feel that the time spent on it was wasted!
-cranioscopical (October 19, 2010, 10:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually I  can't drag from KEdit into anything else either, so I'm going to say KEdit is to blame for this one. I  just tried to drag its text into this text box, and also Thunderbird with no luck.

I found testing with KEdit useful. It's such a finicky little SOB with keyboard events it really made me tighten up the code.  >:(

cranioscopical:
Actually I  can't drag from KEdit into anything else either, so I'm going to say KEdit is to blame for this one. I  just tried to drag its text into this text box, and also Thunderbird with no luck.

I found testing with KEdit useful. It's such a finicky little SOB with keyboard events it really made me tighten up the code.  >:(
-timns (October 19, 2010, 11:04 AM)
--- End quote ---
Heck, I owe you another apology. You're right, Kedit will only do drag/drop within itself. D-d is something that I hardly ever use.

[aside]
Well, I'm stuck in a time warp with Rexx and I can do what I want with Kedit without having to think about it.
I'm just starting out with an IDE for something else and it has a raft of (to me) entirely unintuitive, yet fixed, key bindings. I'm too old and too stubborn to enjoy getting my head round that lot.
[/aside]

Perry Mowbray:
Did we get anywhere with a logging version? 43 still is not working for me... but what's somewhat annoying is that when I run the version that still works (32) it quits saying that it's out of date  >:(

timns:
Did we get anywhere with a logging version? 43 still is not working for me... but what's somewhat annoying is that when I run the version that still works (32) it quits saying that it's out of date  >:(
-Perry Mowbray (October 19, 2010, 08:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I  can upload a logging version tomorrow by all means. What happens with 43? Simply nothing appears when you type your trigger phrases?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version