ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Auspex - a Windows Productivity App

<< < (22/83) > >>

mouser:
1.0.0.37 seems to be working here, at least on my simple test of entry that triggers after i type a space.

A brief help file that just showed a sample entry and said how to test it would be useful for first time users -- since i suspect many people will not be familiar with the basic logic behind using this (though they will grasp it from a simple example).

joiwind:
v.37 going fine here and thanks for the new features.

Could you explain the sliders on the Advanced Program Options page : why two ? Are they lower and higher ?

I'm thinking about a suggestion to make but I'll post it later when I've thought it through.

cranioscopical:
@timns

Quite a few issues here.

* Can't enter master pwd to Roboform with Auspex running (tried all 3 exception settings)
* Replacement text always positions the cursor at the beginning of the replaced text
* Sometimes, clicking on a 'replacement' item that I've modified fails to open the "Replacement" text window
* Sometimes, Auspex won't let me create a new item
Tried all settings with above.
One thing that would help a bit with testing is if there were a mechanism for Auspex to refresh itself once changes are made, rather than stop-starting.

When I could create a new item, that didn't help with any of my issues here.

Compatibility mode with Kedit works with replacements, except for the cursor repositioning already mentioned. (I appreciate the efforts you're making here!)
Auto-completion writes the (tab) trigger into the file.

Should I erase Auspex completely and reinstall 1.00.37, or will that not help?

Have a nice day  ;)  :-[

timns:
1.0.0.37 seems to be working here, at least on my simple test of entry that triggers after i type a space.

A brief help file that just showed a sample entry and said how to test it would be useful for first time users -- since i suspect many people will not be familiar with the basic logic behind using this (though they will grasp it from a simple example).
-mouser (October 13, 2010, 10:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

WIKI!

http://redmine.dcmembers.com/projects/auspex/wiki/Replacements

Or can most folks not get to this thing?

I'm actually in the process of setting up a website for Auspex anyway, so I'll certainly make sure this text is all available there, but in addition I have a 'Wizard' planned for the system so that folks can get the idea of what to do a bit easier. Ooh, that gives me an idea also for a "test this" feature.

Thanks - I should shout "WIKI" at you more often  :Thmbsup:

timns:
Could you explain the sliders on the Advanced Program Options page : why two ? Are they lower and higher ?

--- End quote ---

Eventually they will control the speed at which Auspex enters text for you. If the sliders are split, it'll represent a random variation of typing speed to look a little more natural. Feel free to suggest why I might be adding this!

Please do also make any and all suggestions, either here or raise them in redmine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version