ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Auspex - a Windows Productivity App

<< < (14/83) > >>

cranioscopical:
@timns

Run Auspex, can minimize Auspex.
Right-click icon -> Show, Auspex pops back up.
Can't now minimize Auspex, can minimize its about box.
Repeatable here.

(fine, until 1.0.0.20 arrived)

timns:
Build 23 uploaded. I would hope this is a little better in several ways: more options are now hooked up, it starts working as soon as you run it, and it's beginning to track phrases as well as single words.

jpijper:
Hi timns - this looks like a very nice and useful tool!

However, I am having serious problems using Dutch regional settings and the US International keyboard. This keyboard allows me to easily use characters like ë in words like cliënt (the quotation/double quotation key becomes a dead key - you type "e to get ë). But Auspex does not feel happy about this. In fact, when Auspex is running, the dead keys no longer work - hitting the " key generates "".

Also, replacement strings with dead characters get mangled: the replacement string cliëntenraad gets rendered as cli¿enraad in the UI after closing and restarting Auspex, and generates clienraad when actually replacing. Also, sometimes the arrow keys suddenly start generating card symbols (cannot reproduce this reliably).

Hope this helps - keep up the good work!

Jan Roelof

joiwind:
timns : there's still the problems with accents etc using Build 23. Otherwise things are looking really good.

Here are some keyboard specs in case they may help :

Problem   0x00000000 (0)
Service   i8042prt
Capabilities   0x00000020
Config Flags   0x00000000
Class   Keyboard
Manufacturer   (Claviers standard)
Hardware IDs   ACPI\PNP0303
   *PNP0303
Class GUID   {4D36E96B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Enumerator name   ACPI
Description   Clavier standard 101/102 touches ou clavier Microsoft Natural Keyboard PS/2
Driver   {4D36E96B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000
Physical Object Name   \Device\00000091
Install State   0x00000000

Device Configuration File   keyboard.inf
LocationInformationOverride   Branché dans le port clavier
InfPath   keyboard.inf
InfSection   STANDARD_Inst
ProviderName   Microsoft
DriverDateData   00 80 62 C5 C0 01 C1 01
DriverDate   7-1-2001
DriverVersion   5.1.2600.1106
MatchingDeviceId   *pnp0303
DriverDesc   Clavier standard 101/102 touches ou clavier Microsoft Natural Keyboard PS/2

Class   Keyboard
UpperFilters   keyscrambler
   kbdclass
   Claviers
Icon   -3
Installer32   SysSetup.Dll,KeyboardClassInstaller
NoInstallClass   1
TroubleShooter-0   hcp://help/tshoot/hdw_keyboard.htm

I'm wondering if it's not Keyscrambler that's causing problems ?

timns:
Thanks folks - I wonder if you (jpijper and joiwind) would mind grabbing the next build and giving it another try please? I shall be adding some logging features and I'll be able to see your keyboard locale etc. more easily.

I'll try to upload in the next day or two, so it'll be build 24+ that I'll be asking you to try  :-[

I did have an initial attempt to read your keyboard layout and then use Windows' own mapping to find the characters you're actually typing, but it would seem it's not working yet. Time to set up some new locales here and see how we go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version