ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Auspex - a Windows Productivity App

<< < (5/83) > >>

TucknDar:
I'd really like to test this, timns. I'm Norwegian, so can at the very least help with testing in a non-English environment, to see if it copes with this  :-[

Shades:
2. Have you considered including the same functionality thats been around for years on mobiles and is called predictive text or T9. I'm surprised that the great MS haven't ever included this is in Word and to be honest I have never seen it in any word processing or text editor program. Why is that? It can't be hard can it?
-elvisbrown (September 19, 2010, 02:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

[rant]
Maybe it is not hard to include T9 but I thank [insert your favorite deity here] that it is not included. I for one am really not waiting to read SMS language in a document. I already hate to see it in SMS messages themselves.

Besides that, T9 always predicts the wrong word for me and it costs me too much time to fix that so by default I disable this functionality in any cell phone I use.
[/rant]

On-topic:
@timns
Please, if you want to include T9 in your application, feel free to do so. But please, make an option to easily disable it as well.

timns:
Whoa! Thank you guys for all your comments - even before I let you loose with this thing.

Let's see:

@elvis: this thing corrects any word that you want it to, so (unless I deliver it with some pre-loaded dictionary) it learns the words you use rather than only some preset list. So in your case you can actually make it use nice British spellings.

No plans to implement T9 at the moment - sounds like a good option to put to the vote once the core software is stable.

@NahtanoJ88: the program will pop-up suggestions for words you are using frequently, or words that you have told it you would like it to suggest. You can block words from being suggested, and you can also tell the program NOT to say anything when running specific applications. Auspex will NEVER autocorrect to some other 'close' word (mainly because that drives me nuts too!)

The whole core idea behind Auspex is that it learns only the words and phrases you actually want it to - rather than some large 'general and often inappopriate' dictionary. I hope that makes sense. When you get to use it, I'm sure things will become clearer than my blundery explanations!

TucknDar: that would be great. I am intrigued to see how the system handles other character sets.

@shades: you betcha

Build coming up later today.

OkRob:
This app does look to be very useful, I'm anxious to try it out. I use AutoHotKey now to define some hotkeys to replace text I use often and this looks like a much better solution to that for me. Thanks timns for your hard work on this.   :Thmbsup:

timns:
Word of caution: for all I  know, this program and AutoHotKey may have disagreements! Both programs use a global keyboard hoot to intercept and fiddle with keyboard messages. Obviously I shall try to make Auspex a good neighbour, but I  can imagine possible interference.

Any feedback on this sort of thing would be valuable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version