ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Auspex - a Windows Productivity App

<< < (74/83) > >>

robbero:
I noted a few more things:

The drop down in Action has space for only 4 words. Replace text is on top (hidden) and to have it back I have to scroll up to the top. (see attachment) Can you please change the drop down menu to 5 lines?

I changed the Add predefined text to Date-day.
What is the function of this predefined text field?
Has it to insert the %dd% in the replacement field?
Nothing happens when I use the Mnemonic.
I have an english keyboard but use an italian regional settings (even if I'm not italian).
Can that be the reason?
I tried to switch back to the default but do not see the word Tokens anymore (see attachment).

Once "time" was expanded but I could not use the format hh:mm:ss
Time was inserted with a "dot" between the numbers.

I noted also that my Mnemonic field was expanded a few times with the text in replacement.
Maybe I have to add Auspex to the exception window :)

Sorry for all my questions.

Ath:
... where control+space is autocompletion for variables and functions. I don't think that keyboard combo can be changed?
-timns (February 03, 2011, 10:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's not Ctrl-Space, but a dead key, like ', followed by a space that produces the '. If it where Ctrl-space I wouldn't be able to use it either ;)

@roberro: The dead keys are so natural and transparent in daily use that it's hardly documented, because most users don't want to live without it after they discover it :-*
Most of them I have to help/learn to add the standard VS keyboard, and switch layout using left-ctrl-shift, because they have the need to disable it at times (mostly developers, using quoted strings in their sources).

timns:
... where control+space is autocompletion for variables and functions. I don't think that keyboard combo can be changed?
-timns (February 03, 2011, 10:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's not Ctrl-Space, but a dead key, like ', followed by a space that produces the '. If it where Ctrl-space I wouldn't be able to use it either ;)

@roberro: The dead keys are so natural and transparent in daily use that it's hardly documented, because most users don't want to live without it after they discover it :-*
Most of them I have to help/learn to add the standard VS keyboard, and switch layout using left-ctrl-shift, because they have the need to disable it at times (mostly developers, using quoted strings in their sources).
-Ath (February 03, 2011, 11:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the extra info. I've only ever used dead keys when testing applications for language-compatibility, but I can see the convenience aspect.

timns:
I noted a few more things:

I noted also that my Mnemonic field was expanded a few times with the text in replacement.
Maybe I have to add Auspex to the exception window :)

Sorry for all my questions.

-robbero (February 03, 2011, 11:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll have a look at that! A list of tokens is available here:

https://redmine.dcisv.com/projects/auspex/wiki/Tokens

robbero:
timns,

Without using auspex today, I had a 50 or more access violations (see attachment).

I think it has something to do with autocomplete.
I wrote a few e-mails and text documents and saw that there was a frozen auspex autocomplete suggestion box at the top (left) of my browser with a "0" inside and the letters OV
When I minimized my browser I saw over 50 access violations windows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version