ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Auspex - a Windows Productivity App

<< < (46/83) > >>

tomos:
it doesnt seem to work with GridMove, no matter which setting I choose under exception...
I only use the keyboard shortcuts for Gridmove - Win+G shows grid, then number key selects 'area'
With Auspex running, and Grdimove in 'Block' / 'Compatability Mode' or 'Allow' mode, the Win+G combo doesnt work (the grid shows, but the start menu pops up and takes focus so I cant resize window).
Oddly it works okay with the Auspex window [edit] i.e. when it has focus [/edit] (no matter which setting in Exceptions), but doesnt work with any other windows.
-tomos (October 26, 2010, 03:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Fixed in the next build (i.e. 58 or greater) which I shall release later in the week. A good catch, which has helped me further improve the program's compatibility with other applications.
-timns (November 02, 2010, 09:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm afraid the symptoms are exactly the same here with build #59...

cranioscopical:
the thing that triggered the comment is my wife
-timns (November 05, 2010, 10:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ah, yes, wives and 'the look' — that's come down on the distaff side from Eve, with some refinement by every generation  ;)

she types 'quid' to get £
--- End quote ---
I try to keep my own mnemonics as something that can't occur in English. As often as possible they begin with a 'q' which never is followed by 'u'.
You might suggest ukp in place of quid, in order to avoid a £ pro quo.

timns:
the thing that triggered the comment is my wife
-timns (November 05, 2010, 10:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ah, yes, wives and 'the look' — that's come down on the distaff side from Eve, with some refinement by every generation  ;)

she types 'quid' to get £
--- End quote ---
I try to keep my own mnemonics as something that can't occur in English. As often as possible they begin with a 'q' which never is followed by 'u'.
You might suggest ukp in place of quid, in order to avoid a £ pro quo.
-cranioscopical (November 05, 2010, 02:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've started using ~ as the first char... it's an easy one to hit. But each to their own. I'm just pleased she's getting some good use out of it: over 35,000 characters saved so far. That's a lot of wear and tear on the ol' manicure  :o

How are other people's stats doing?

cranioscopical:
How are other people's stats doing?
--- End quote ---
793 (not thousands) but an extremely important 793!
I have wiped out and reinstalled Auspex quite a few times.

timns:
it doesnt seem to work with GridMove, no matter which setting I choose under exception...
I only use the keyboard shortcuts for Gridmove - Win+G shows grid, then number key selects 'area'
With Auspex running, and Grdimove in 'Block' / 'Compatability Mode' or 'Allow' mode, the Win+G combo doesnt work (the grid shows, but the start menu pops up and takes focus so I cant resize window).
Oddly it works okay with the Auspex window [edit] i.e. when it has focus [/edit] (no matter which setting in Exceptions), but doesnt work with any other windows.
-tomos (October 26, 2010, 03:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Fixed in the next build (i.e. 58 or greater) which I shall release later in the week. A good catch, which has helped me further improve the program's compatibility with other applications.
-timns (November 02, 2010, 09:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm afraid the symptoms are exactly the same here with build #59...
-tomos (November 05, 2010, 10:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Indeed so, and I fooled myself by not testing very well... unfortunately handling this is a real pain in the rear, since GridMove is a bit naughty in using the Windows key at all. I'll stay on it, but we should remember:

"Don't use the windows key for keyboard shortcuts in your program, the "Windows Vista User Experience Guidelines" says the following under Guidelines - Interaction - Keyboard:

Don't use the Windows logo modifier key for program shortcut keys. Windows logo key is reserved for Windows use. Even if a Windows logo key combination isn't being used by Windows now, it may be in the future."

>:(  :'(  :mad:  :-\  :huh:  :o  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version