ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Should I buy a tablet pc, ipad, netbook, or other?

<< < (24/34) > >>

Darwin:
Are you ready for the BlackPad?
-Darwin (September 22, 2010, 11:04 AM)
--- End quote ---
not unless it can run Windows 7.
-superboyac (September 22, 2010, 12:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not then... apparently the rumour is that it will run a new proprietary OS from QNX Software Systems.

xtabber:
And here come some more choices:

http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/09/27/galapagos-sharp-announces-5-5-inch-and-10-8-inch-android-tablets-video/

kyrathaba:
I was watching MSNBC last night, and the announcer stated that over 3 million iPads have been sold so far, with a rate of over 1 million sells per month, and that this is revolutionary ;) 

Target:
this from slashdot this morning (something else you may wish to consider)

Technology: Agloves Allow For Touchscreen Use On Cold Days
Posted by samzenpus on Wednesday November 03, @05:00PM
from the touch-the-screen dept, Zothecula writes

"With capacitive the technology of choice on the majority of touchscreen devices hitting the market, people have been coming up with all kinds of interesting ways to interact with their devices when the winter chill sets in and gloves become a necessity. Many South Koreans apparently turned to using sausages as a stylus but if you'd prefer not to be hassled by dogs as you type a text there are less meat product-based solutions, such as the North Face Etip gloves. Now there's another glove-based solution in the form of Agloves, which provide even greater touchscreen friendly surface area for your hands."

--- End quote ---

if you live in a cold climate I suspect any cool points you might score for having a tablet would be negated by using a sausage to interact with the thing...

cranioscopical:
if you live in a cold climate I suspect any cool points you might score for having a tablet would be negated by using a sausage to interact with the thing...
-Target (November 03, 2010, 05:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
Not to mention that frozen sausages are hell to sharpen!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version