ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Should I buy a tablet pc, ipad, netbook, or other?

<< < (22/34) > >>

cyberdiva:
it just goes to show, people like us really need to get our hands on these things.  These reviews and forums are all great, but nothing is like touching the freaking thing.  Nothing.  I'm glad I did that.
-superboyac (September 11, 2010, 10:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I agree.  But one thing that often perplexes me is whether to buy what I've tried out at the "real" store where I tried it or save some $$ by buying it elsewhere online.  I often have these crises of conscience.  Is this an issue for you, too, Superboyac?

Darwin:
I love the Windows 7 touchescreen desktops that I've tried as well (from HP, Acer, Asus, and MSi). However, I can't see the point of the technology in a desktop, unless it were setup as a media centre or something in one's living room where you might not want/need the keyboard and mouse?

For me, I tend to have the monitor separated from me physically by at least a couple of feet of (physical) desktop so that I can use my desktop for other things (pen and paper writing, laying flat a large book, reading snail mail correspondence, etc.). Thus, trying to reach over that space to reach a touch screen doesn't seem all that practical...

superboyac:
it just goes to show, people like us really need to get our hands on these things.  These reviews and forums are all great, but nothing is like touching the freaking thing.  Nothing.  I'm glad I did that.
-superboyac (September 11, 2010, 10:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I agree.  But one thing that often perplexes me is whether to buy what I've tried out at the "real" store where I tried it or save some $$ by buying it elsewhere online.  I often have these crises of conscience.  Is this an issue for you, too, Superboyac?
-cyberdiva (September 12, 2010, 09:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
If the store has it for around the same price, I'll get it there.  But the online deals are usually much better.  So I go with that.  Yes, there is the return policy which is always more painful online vs. brick and mortar, but I just deal with it. 

And, yes, Darwin, I also don't really understand what someone is supposed to do with those all in one pc's with the touchscreen.  I don't quite get it.

nosh:
I haz iPad! I've just skimmed the surface but it's without doubt the most impressive gadget I've ever owned. :-* There's just one thing I have to whine about... Man, this thing's HEAVY!!

superboyac:
I haz iPad! I've just skimmed the surface but it's without doubt the most impressive gadget I've ever owned. :-* There's just one thing I have to whine about... Man, this thing's HEAVY!!
-nosh (September 17, 2010, 11:50 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's good to hear.  I've heard great things about it.  I was advised to wait until Black Friday before making any purchases, and I thought it was a good idea.  I hope we see some more tablet-like gadgets for Windows 7 by then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version