ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Should I buy a tablet pc, ipad, netbook, or other?

<< < (26/34) > >>

Renegade:
Ahem...
I just bought an ipad.
-superboyac (November 28, 2010, 01:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Bwahahahahaa~! :D

That was rather sheepish~!

So how do you like it?

You can find out about the new features bug fixes in iOS 4.2 here. ;)

superboyac:
Well, my expectations of the ipad are pretty skeptical.  But before I launch into negative comments, which are likely to come by the boatload in coming months, let me just say what is good about it:
It's a beautiful device.  I mean, it just is.  It's beautiful looking, it's a great size, it's screen is rich and just gorgeous.  The multi touch is very smooth and responsive: far better than any other multi touch device I've come across.  It's very elegant, both in features and function.  Sure, it doesn't do as much as a pc, and there are frustrating issues because of that, but for what I'm intending to use it for, it should be ok.  The mistake I made previously in arguing with myself, was that this is not going to feel like my home, desktop pc experience.  And I have to let that go.  I got this thing for reading, jotting minor notes, watching videos, listening to some music, and mainly, a GPS unit for my car.  I'm VERY skeptical that I am going to make that work well without a data plan, but I'm going to try.

I do have to emphasize how beautiful the thing is.  All competitors should take great notice at the elegance in Apple's products.  It's something special.  People were saying how inconveniently large it is...baah.  Nonsense.  It's not that big.  It's somewhere between a normal sheet of paper and a dvd case.  Great size.  It's not meant for the pocket.

I will be SUPER excited if the GPS works.

I will admit, I am afraid of itunes.  It's running on a virtual computer right now, and I plan to leave it that way.

superboyac:
And off we go...Problem #1:

This is bad.  I installed itunes on my virtual pc running XP.  It worked fine, the ipad was unlocked and good to go.  Everything was good.  Then itunes asked to upgrade itself and also to upgrade the ipad to the latest ios.  So I did.  While the ipad was updating, at the point where I think it was actually implementing the update (as opposed to downloading, extracting, etc. it says stuff like that), well, I got errors on the virtual pc.  Then I got a hardware device installation notice in my tray on my host computer.  Then everything stopped working.  Now, my ipad is locked once again, and I can't figure out how to fix it.  I'm sure this is related to trying to do this all on a virtual pc, but I'm not installing itunes on my desktop.

Renegade:
To be certain, they are very nice to look at, and have a highly polished finished (for what is there). Like launching an app on an iPhone is very nice to look at, and most certainly more beautiful than launching an app on an Android device.

Renegade:
And off we go...Problem #1:

This is bad.  I installed itunes on my virtual pc running XP.  It worked fine, the ipad was unlocked and good to go.  Everything was good.  Then itunes asked to upgrade itself and also to upgrade the ipad to the latest ios.  So I did.  While the ipad was updating, at the point where I think it was actually implementing the update (as opposed to downloading, extracting, etc. it says stuff like that), well, I got errors on the virtual pc.  Then I got a hardware device installation notice in my tray on my host computer.  Then everything stopped working.  Now, my ipad is locked once again, and I can't figure out how to fix it.  I'm sure this is related to trying to do this all on a virtual pc, but I'm not installing itunes on my desktop.
-superboyac (November 28, 2010, 03:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, I meant to mention, ***cough*** HERE ***cough*** START POSTING ***COUGH COUGH*** :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version