ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

<< < (107/192) > >>

Armando:
@ Nod5

I think you should also have a look at File Notes :

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2712.0

http://www.filenotes.com/

Grorgy:
ooops, my mistake, that offer on eXpert pdf expired last year, oh well no worries, no doubt something similar will appear soon  :)

Darwin:
Sorry to have sent you off on a wild goose chase, Grorgy - I hadn't realised that the offer had expired.

Aramando - I've heard back from the developer of archivarius - notes and annotations in pdfs are not supported yet, but he's added them to his to do list. No indication of when they'll be added, but I'll keep you posted!

Nod5:
Armando,
Filenotes looks interesting. It hasn't been updated since 2005 though. But the idea of having (searchable) comments for all kinds of files is a good idea. Could make things easier to find without putting a lot of tags in a (long) filename.

BTW, for each pdf journal article I save I also put its abstract in a .txt with the same name. Mostly for being able to later quickly reread the abstract. But maybe I could now also programmatically, through some script, import all those abstracts as comments for the associated pdf in Filenote or whatever pdf collection tool I in the end settle for! I hadn't thought about that before.

Darwin,
thanks for yet more suggestion and also for investigating the notes indexing issue in Archivarius!

Armando:
Thanks for the update, Darwin.

@Nod5 : I'll have to take a look at File notes too.

Could make things easier to find without putting a lot of tags in a (long) filename.
--- End quote ---

Yes, couldn't agree more. This is the main drawback of my actual method. If I could find another reliable strategy which is sufficiently portable (I don't want to loose years of tags and annotation by just changing software or OS), I'd give it a try...

Being able to give complete, precise and meaningful names to files has always been important to me. Being able to tag files is another important aspect to transcend the limitations of hierarchical folders structures. For tagging, there are some solutions, like tag2find, tagger, acdsee, and others. But I'm affraid of loosing my time with these...

Anyway, all this is probably starting to be a bit far from this threads themeā€¦

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version