ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

<< < (93/192) > >>

Darwin:
When did you purchase your licence, Carol? As I mentioned, I purchased in October and am *convinced* that I would get the upgrade to 2.0 Plus for free when I did so. I note that they are now offering the upgrade free to people who purchased in December, taking advantage of an offer that they were running at the time... Also, as noted, I've already paid for the upgrade so this is just vapid curiosity on my part...

Carol Haynes:
I bought mine in early July - just luck I guess!

Darwin:
 >:(

Petulant in Courtenay

rjbull:
My constant "problem" with it (if I remember correctly) was using Ctrl-F Find, then tabbing between note pane and tree pane when I should have Ctrl-tabbed.  In that case, it replaces "found" text with a tab character, losing data.  That happened so often that I abandoned it.
-rjbull (April 16, 2007, 05:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh yes, I could replicate that - ahem - feature.
-paulobrabo (April 17, 2007, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

paulobrabo,

I think the problem was in the RichEdit control the author used.  The latest beta of MemPad 3.2 offers a work-around by making nodes lockable, so you can't change the text by accident:

New Toolbar

Node move buttons: To parent level as next node, To child level of preceding node

Page memory stack: Remember page ("M" button); Recall ("R" button) to jump back

Lock Editing: Option to lock all pages, button to lock/unlock the current page (only locks editing, not index manipulations)

Auto Save option: save to file every 4-5 minutes, if there are any changes (no backup)

Set Tab size (width) by Ctrl+Alt+TAB (at intended first tab position)

Custom popup menus to select and insert words, phrases: by right mouse click + Shift or Ctrl key. Menus are read from plain text files InsCtrl.txt, InsShift.txt

Tab key behaviour changed: normal step thru control elements in visible order, except in editor, where TAB inserts tab space; Shift+Tab = reverse; Ctrl+Tab: to first button in toolbar

Internal: Bugfix ReadOnly switching, enhanced load/save handling

--- End quote ---

Darwin:
I posted about Bits du Jour's 40% discount on IdeaMason... It's in place today and I can't BELIEVE that I didn't have the wit to post for opinions in this thread last week. Mea culpa...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version