ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

<< < (92/192) > >>

JeffK:
Well I've done a bit more experimentation and also read most of the helpfile.  This is really good.

As an example of the neat things I think I can now due I have an old Motorola A1000 mobile phone.  I can make and store handwritten notes on this while on the move.  However in the past it wasn't much good - I could transfer the note to my PC as an image but then had no real way of searching the data. Now I can bluetooth the image to my laptop and search it via EverNote.  Brilliant.

For $30 this is a no brainer for me. 

Carol Haynes:
Strange JeffK - I got the upgrade for free.

I emailed them a while back out the version 2 beta and they sent me a copy. It upgraded itself to version 2 with no problems (using the internal link to check for update).

I am sure that they posted out an email ages ago that version 2 was going to be a free upgrade for current customers - I can't find it now, maybe it was just if you took part in beta testing? (my participation consisted of downloading it and installing it!)

Darwin:
Strange JeffK - I got the upgrade for free.

I emailed them a while back out the version 2 beta and they sent me a copy. It upgraded itself to version 2 with no problems (using the internal link to check for update).

I am sure that they posted out an email ages ago that version 2 was going to be a free upgrade for current customers - I can't find it now, maybe it was just if you took part in beta testing? (my participation consisted of downloading it and installing it!)
-Carol Haynes (April 23, 2007, 04:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Two points: first, check your upgrade, Carol - it's probably for the free version, not the plus version. When Evernote offered me the update from the beta to the final release I just assumed that it would upgrade me to the Plus version. After I kept getting e-mails with upgrade info, I took a look and sure enough Evernote is now running as the Standard (free) version. Second, I'm in the same boat - when I purchased 1.5 Plus in October I did so in part because I was assured that the upgrade to 2.0 Plus would be free. Can't find ANYTHING to back that up  :( I've actually paid the $19.95 for the full version because I use it ALL the time, so if anyone comes along and says "a ha! here's the e-mail/an archive copy of a website that proves that we should get this for free" I'm out of luck!

JeffK:
Just to clarify.  I wasn't "an existing customer".  I may have tried it out once but didn't continue.  I had just signed up for the mailing list.

Jeff

Carol Haynes:
Nope I have the Plus version ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version