ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

<< < (83/192) > >>

nudone:
forgive me for asking here, rather than on the evernot forum, but how do i see my 'deleted' category where all the notes go when they are deleted. i can't find it anywhere.

Darwin:
THANK YOU Nudone! If I hadn't gone off looking for an answer to your question, I never would have noticed the "notes list" button. Simply enabling the notes list just made Evernote about 5x more intuitive for me. I know that makes me a bit sad, but such is life... Now I'm intrigued about the deleted notes collection. I've probably deleted two notes tops in four months, so it's never occurred to me to go looking for them. As you've no doubt already found, the only mention in the help file is of the collection, without any indication about how to find it... I'll keep looking!

nudone:
oh dear. i'm not sure if that's good or bad news. i assumed the program just wasn't working correctly on my system, now it sounds like a common problem. (or even a bug?)

Darwin:
OK I found it COMPLETELY by accident. There's a little doo-hickey (that's a technical term) on the left of the Evernote screen (see attached image). This expands a hidden panel to the left, revealing the "deleted notes" folder (at the top, under "autocategories"). Notice that my "two notes top" turns out to be 36 deleted since I installed Evernote. Who knew?  :-[

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

nudone:
i'm going to have to try reinstalling or something because that panel has been there in view for me all along - it just doesn't have anything that says deleted in it. it doesn't have any icons either, unless i right click on the items and assign my own using the properties.

looks to me like i'm missing quite a bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version