ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

<< < (65/192) > >>

mouser:
not used this one myself but i know TexNotes was mentioned on this thread; it's 50% off today here:
http://www.bitsdujour.com/

nudone:
oh, that's good, think i might go for that offer - it always did seem a bit too pricey.

from what i've seen it might be the kind of app to come in handy for the right type of project even if it's not something to use straight away.

rjbull:
Suppose you keep a copy of an organizer at home, another at work, and you want to keep the files in step via a USB key.  Normally you'd just copy the file over, or just keep it on the USB key permanently, but there will always be the odd occasion when you forget.  Does any notekeeping program have a way of reconciling the files by importing new or changed nodes only, without overwriting the whole file?  I assume that's the way Palm PDAs work, but I wondered if it were possible with USB keys.

Perry Mowbray:
Does any notekeeping program have a way of reconciling the files by importing new or changed nodes only, without overwriting the whole file?  I assume that's the way Palm PDAs work, but I wondered if it were possible with USB keys.
-rjbull (August 16, 2006, 04:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I know that nevf is working on sync'ing the SurfuLater files across two computers (eg: home and work); some other discussion about this functionality here.

Perry Mowbray:
Just thought I'd mention that I'm having great fun with TiddlyWiki: simple & flexible. No software required: just a browser!  ;) Works extremely well off a USB.

MonkeyGTD is also another spin off that I'm using as well (but that's more pitched at projects etc)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version