ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

<< < (185/192) > >>

IainB:
Atlantis looks good as a word/text processor, but for general note-taking software, I think InfoSelect v8 (not the v9 or v10) is still hard to beat, and OneNote would be tops, because your notes can include text, images with embedded text, files, and voice audio (even the lyrics from songs in MP3 files) - which are all searchable from the Windows 7 Search/Index function, and from within OneNote itself - see here: Microsoft OneNote 2007 - some experiential Tips & Tricks

From the reviews, Scrivener seems hard to beat as a sophisticated creative writing tool, though I have not tried it yet.

TaoPhoenix:
Some of the dubious links:
-IainB (May 07, 2013, 07:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

I did some informal tech support for an online acquaintance, who got bit by one of those kinds of links (though for the Firefox Browser.) Even for smart computer savvy people, one slip and you miss that the actual address goes to something like "download-now.products.yahoo.com/Firefox"!
>:(

rgdot:
On topic, off topic and pointless post perhaps :) but I have been looking forward to version 3 of TreeProjects - which I became a fan of - for a while now. It has almost made me stop evaluating alternatives, which is huge in itself :)

urlwolf:
Well, false alarm.
I love how fast it loads, but it won't stop my search of something that simply uses files and not a db.

I found it had kernelling issues. Ie the letters move slightly as you type. I find it very distracting.
Plus copy-pasting from and to the web doesn't keep formatting, so it's out of the question.

wraith808:
Scrivener does use individual files on the file system, so what does Atlantis offer that scrivener doesnt?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version