ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

<< < (175/192) > >>

Dormouse:
I use Evernote and Simplenote/Resophnote/everything that syncs with simplenote.  I guess it really is a matter of what you need and your priorities, and since Syncing across platforms is my number one priority, those are the ones that I continue to go back to.
-wraith808 (December 03, 2012, 01:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
I agree with that; it is very much about individual need and preference.
I was intrigued by your using Simplenote. Why do you use that as well as Evernote?

wraith808:
I use Evernote and Simplenote/Resophnote/everything that syncs with simplenote.  I guess it really is a matter of what you need and your priorities, and since Syncing across platforms is my number one priority, those are the ones that I continue to go back to.
-wraith808 (December 03, 2012, 01:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
I agree with that; it is very much about individual need and preference.
I was intrigued by your using Simplenote. Why do you use that as well as Evernote?
-Dormouse (December 03, 2012, 01:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

A lot of the notetaking I do is in Markdown, rather than something heavy, and doesn't need images, nor formatting other than that.  Simplenote is aces for that, and very lightweight.

superboyac:
I never knew about Simplenote.  Looks very cool, definitely would consider it vs the current Evernote.

wraith808:
I never knew about Simplenote.  Looks very cool, definitely would consider it vs the current Evernote.
-superboyac (December 03, 2012, 05:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

The essential part of my workflow is ResophNotes.  I could find/make something that does what I use ResophNotes for, and probably will.  But it syncs up with Dropbox, and syncs each note as a separate file.  That lets me use a wider variety of applications with it than I normally would be able to.

kilele:
yahoo has a very simple service without tags,
notepad.yahoo.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version