ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

<< < (19/192) > >>

superboyac:
zoot looks quite nice. (http://www.zootsoftware.com/)
-mouser (March 13, 2006, 09:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, doesn't it?  I'm finding it more and more interesting.  I've been inspired to go through 60 pages of tutorials.  I will post more later, once I have a better understanding of what it can do.

PS (what's with the 16-bit look?  and that price tag?  eesh!)

superboyac:
Wow, Zoot is awesome.  i don't want to get into a fullblown discussion right now but here's my very quick analysis of Zoot:

Zoot is to information collection (text only) as The Bat! is to email.

Really.

rjbull:
EverNote not only tags all past notes you ever created with that keyword; it also tags any future notes with that keyword you might create.
-EverMike (March 14, 2006, 01:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks!  I still wish the download wasn't so enormous, but it sounds worth looking at.

rjbull:
Zoot:

PS (what's with the 16-bit look?  and that price tag?  eesh!)
-superboyac (March 14, 2006, 05:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

I seem to remember hearing that Zoot looks 16-bit because it is 16-bit, and this is one of the issues even long-term users have with it.  That is, it's still waiting to be updated to 32-bit.  I agree it's expensive, but it's competing in the same kind of commercial class as things like AskSam, InfoSelect and UltraRecall.

More on Zoot, AskSam and InfoSelect on John Buckman's outliners page (sadly out of date, but still the best summary I've seen)

superboyac:
Yeah, I've seen that webpage by John Buckham.  It's pretty good, but like you said, old.  I just went on the Zoot forum and noticed that it is indeed 16-bit, and it is an issue with a lot of people there.  By the way, I noticed that nevf posts there also (hey neville!)

Ultrarecall and InfoSelect, I don't know, I'm not too impressed by them.  They do a lot, that's for sure, but I really feel we gotta get out of the whole tree-heirarchy thing.  That's why I'm liking Zoot a lot right now, and why I feel Surfulater and Evernote are promising.

I'm going to try AskSam again.  I tried it before, but, again, I was only looking for an addressbook at the time, so I felt it was too much.  Now that I'm in a different mindset, I'll try it again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version