ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

<< < (18/192) > >>

superboyac:
Has anyone here used the Zoot software?

It looks very interesting, and I tried it once but never got my head around it and gave up.  Part of the reason why I gave up was because I thought it would be useful as an addressbook, but it turned out to be way too much for just an addressbook.  However, as a general note management utility, it looks like it's very powerful, and I know in the yahoo group, people are very big on it.  Can someone give a quick, in laymen's terms, summary of what is unique about it and why it is useful?

mouser:
zoot looks quite nice. (http://www.zootsoftware.com/)

rjbull:
if that keyword is anywhere in the note, that note will automatically be placed in that category.
-superboyac (March 13, 2006, 10:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

OK, thanks; I think I see and that could be quite useful.  But, do you have to know in advance what your keywords are going to be?  Or can you decide at some later date that you need new/different ones and have EverNote build new categories?

superboyac:
OK, thanks; I think I see and that could be quite useful.  But, do you have to know in advance what your keywords are going to be?  Or can you decide at some later date that you need new/different ones and have EverNote build new categories?
--- End quote ---

No, you don't have to know in advance.  You can do it whenever.  Once the category is created, all the notes will be automatically placed there.  I think that is the benefit of fully indexed searching (I may not know what I'm talking about here!).

EverMike:
--- End quote ---

No, you don't have to know in advance.  You can do it whenever.  Once the category is created, all the notes will be automatically placed there.  I think that is the benefit of fully indexed searching (I may not know what I'm talking about here!).
--- End quote ---

One more thing: once the new keyword category is created, EverNote not only tags all past notes you ever created with that keyword; it also tags any future notes with that keyword you might create.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version