ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

<< < (157/192) > >>

rgdot:
Thanx for the recommendation and link Paul, I will try it, looks interesting

Dormouse:
SNow I am getting Windows update prompts for '2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service pack 1', Who says I have 2007 Office installed?  :huh: And 2007 office is not listed as a requirement for Onenote 2007 but maybe it is? then again Onenote seems to be working, at least the few minutes that I have tried it.
I have a fully patched version of Office 2003, may be I should have downloaded Onenote 2003?
-rgdot (October 26, 2009, 07:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
By definition,if you have OneNote installed, MS will see that as Office; no idea how integrated the updates have to be, but maybe it is just the way they describe them.

Whereas to many people the 2007 versions of many Office components are worse than 2003, OneNote "007 is much more useful than OneNote 2003. You made the right choice there. And you'd probably be getting similar messages about Office if you had gone 2003 anyway.

Maybe someone who knows will comment on these bits.

urlwolf:
btw onenote 2010 beta is out. I'm not sure how I got access, but it must not be very difficult. I think I filled a form as an academic.

rgdot:
@Dormouse, Thank you, makes sense. Just made me laugh when I got a service pack that was ~194MB
Onenote and Compendium look nice, in different ways, may be I will look into Onenote 2010 somehow. Going to play with them more. Keeping my eyes open for others as well, including Notezilla and Evernote.

superboyac:
@Dormouse, Thank you, makes sense. Just made me laugh when I got a service pack that was ~194MB
Onenote and Compendium look nice, in different ways, may be I will look into Onenote 2010 somehow. Going to play with them more. Keeping my eyes open for others as well, including Notezilla and Evernote.
-rgdot (October 27, 2009, 10:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
I don't like Evernote's web version.  Not because of the features, but more because I strongly prefer using localized software.  I still use Evernote's version 2.  Keep at Onenote, it may be just the thing for you.  The consensus is that Onenote is one of the few applications that Microsoft got right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version