ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

<< < (149/192) > >>

Dormouse:
I'd also note that a 3 or 4 day beta is pitifully short. Look at the SQLnotes strategy where the betas last much longer and people can have some confidence they will be able to use the product longer term.

I'd have to say that if I was potentially a $9.95 a month payer, I wouldn't want to be getting mixed up in such short-term betas now. I'd think my time was worth much more and would wait to evaluate the final release. And if I wasn't a $9.95 a month payer, I wouldn't bother at all since it wouldn't be realistic to think I'd get any long term benefit from using the program or helping it develop.

perfectnotes:
The beta was a month but it's at the end of it's cycle. It should be either released or extended this week. There will be at least a month free on the real product though to give people a chance to evaluate before they decide to purchase.

urlwolf:
I think oneNote can do audiorecording and time-tag what you write while recording.
I've never used this, so I cannot comment, sorry, you may know how it compatres to perfectNotes.

perfectnotes:
Yes, we've used it. But it's very difficult to use quickly in real time and the audio is not good at all.

markfoley:
Hi Perfectnotes,

I've just tried your software, and I think the concept is great.  It did freeze a couple of times but I'm sure those things are getting ironed out!

I think this tool would get great takeup if it could be used more as a 'companion tool' to the user's chosen application.  For example many people use Evernote for various online features, I use todolist for my notes because they are kept in a 'task-subtask' structure that suits my project management role.

Trying to replicate all the features of those things in the note taking functionality of your tool would be a lot of effort.  Some people even use more than one like I do.  However I (and I'm sure many others) would be happy to pay for something that sits in the tray and lets you record (and add inline links) within the tool of your choice.  They'd need to be inserted as url or file links, which your tool would parse and play back when the user clicks them in their own app.

Anyway, just a thought.  It's an area only one other tools seems to try (onenote, and it isn't great at it!) so if you could make this tool complement people's existing toolsets (with the notetaking as something optional) it'd be an amazing benefit.

Anyway just a thought, good luck with perfectnotes!

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version