ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

<< < (148/192) > >>

perfectnotes:
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll pass them on to product development. The price will be $9.95 per month with automatic upgrades. A microphone and CD will be shipped to each customer when they subscribe. There are many added features that will be coming in the next few months so keep checking. This is a beta version currently, so most features are not completely fully implemented.

perfectnotes:
You can use the keyboard shortcuts to create markers quickly on the fly without having to use the mouse at all. If you click on Options and then My Timemark Hot Keys, you can configure the keyboard shortcuts to create markers in the timeline. There are many options including the Pause key, function keys, and others. You can optionally type in a short label in your marker.

What do you mean by clickable checkboxes? I'm not familiar with those. Do you mean a checkbox on the timeline that you could mark off that you have listened to that marker?

Dormouse:
What do you mean by clickable checkboxes? I'm not familiar with those. Do you mean a checkbox on the timeline that you could mark off that you have listened to that marker? -perfectnotes (December 28, 2008, 12:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Clickable - so that you can click in it and have it ticked and unticked. Some progs have checkboxes that you can't click in.

No, not a checkbox on the timeline. I suspect that you are rather focussed on your original ideas about it all being about taking notes from lectures. If the program is going to be used at all, it will have to be usable for much more - and that much more will have to be general note-taking/writing functions.

One of the things I have in mind would be that from lectures (sometimes), meetings (often) some of the things noted will be actions that need to be completed. The tickbox can indicate those - and later whether they have been done or not.

Dormouse:
You can use the keyboard shortcuts to create markers quickly on the fly without having to use the mouse at all. If you click on Options and then My Timemark Hot Keys, you can configure the keyboard shortcuts to create markers in the timeline. There are many options including the Pause key, function keys, and others. You can optionally type in a short label in your marker. -perfectnotes (December 28, 2008, 12:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

I had tried this but not got anywhere I thought worth getting. Does put in a marker, can type a new on-the-fly comment (not quite so sure how to get out of the comment, except by pressing Return), but could not set up a new timemark with its own hotkeys.

Dormouse:
The price will be $9.95 per month with automatic upgrades. A microphone and CD will be shipped to each customer when they subscribe. -perfectnotes (December 28, 2008, 12:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

I can see it's a very difficult product to price. Worth a lot to a small number of people; worth something to a large number of others. I don't think the average customer will want anything posted to them, but corporates might, so might some colleges/schools. I think that $9.95 a month is a corporate/high-end price level which will keep sales low (not implying that's a bad thing, it is certainly one way of marketing the product and may be the best; allows you to issue a similar but cut-price more mass market product later, if someone else has not picked up the idea there; will require much more time and money being spent on schmoozing customers). If you look at Evernote pricing, you will see that they offer a lot for a little in comparison and are clearly going for a 'mass market'; not that they are a competitor, but people will look at other progs to work out whether yours is worth the money. And few individuals, without a very clear need, will be happy with the monthly pricing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version