ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

<< < (140/192) > >>

twinkler:
Samer over at Freewaregenius just reviewed a new tag-based note-taking program called Tobu. It's in beta and buggy, but he's really excited about it. I don't have time to look into it but thought I'd mention it here for the benefit of those who do.

From the program's website:

Tobu is a freeform information organizer. It can be used to organize notes, todo lists, files, clips, code snips, diary entries and more or less any type of intformation that can be entered as text or stored in a file; its goal is to make very large number of items of information (hundreds of thousands or more) easily manageable, but it's also well suited to managing smaller collections of data.

Tobu revolves around tagging each item of information and using filters to create lists of items, to sort and filter them further as needed; the aim of Tobu is to avoid organizing data as it is added and instead to limit the job of adding items to describing them with tags and sortable tags (more on that below), it is only when user is looking for data it is organized on the fly by filtering tags and sorting resulting lists.
--- End quote ---

kartal:
I use wikipad and has most  of the features (and more) tobu has.

urlwolf:
I'm interested in tobu (was going to post about it now... damn; too late).

I'm way too invested in oneNote 2007 to have an easy time switching. But onenote searches are getting extremely slow (and I have the indexing service on!).

Anyone experiencing this?

kartal:
I do not think anyone mentioned this one before but I used it before it has some interesting ideas implemented as a note taking software

http://mindraider.sourceforge.net/

urlwolf:
by the way, it seems that oneNote 2007 (together with the entire office 2007 suite) works under wine now (I haven't tried it).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version