ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

<< < (17/192) > >>

EverMike:
--In the tree on the left where the categories are, I'd like to be able to show some kind of title text for each note so I can see which notes are included in that category.  Right now, notes have no titles, it's just the content of the note.  Sometimes, when there are a lot of notes in the category, you're not sure where exactly that note is, or even if it's in that category, and if the notes themselves are large notes, you have to scroll around forever to find it.  (I know the search can quickly filter the notes down, but sometimes you're not even sure what to search for!)
--- End quote ---
Superboyac,

Thanks for this feedback. I hope you'll be glad to hear that we have "title view of notes" very high on our list of features that we plan to add in the coming months. In the meantime, I should also mention that there's a Shorten Notes toggle button at the top of EverNote that shortens all the notes displayed on your tape to just a few lines, which makes scrolling much faster.

--There's something weird about attaching pictures to the notes and trying to resize them.  Usually they are too big, and resizing them was really difficult.  It should be a matter os simply grabbing a corner of the picture and dragging.  Now, you have to go into fullscreen mode, and do some fairly non-intuitive dragging around the border or something.
--- End quote ---

Yes, our approach is unconventional, and we are planning to get this changed. Currently, as you've mentioned, you go to Full Screen mode for a given note (it's just one mouse click), and then drag the top border of the image you want to resize.

As others explore EverNote, I'll be happy to respond to any concerns, questions, or suggestions for improvements.

Thanks!

superboyac:
Glad to hear of the developments, EverMike.

I have been enormously tempted to transfer all of my main notes to Evernote many times, but I just can't do it yet.  Hopefully, with the new features I'll be more comfortable.  Thanks for you ears!

rjbull:
whether or not a note contains specific keywords.
-EverMike (March 11, 2006, 05:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

EverMike,

Do you really mean "keywords," i.e. specially assigned words, or do you mean searching full text for particular words?

superboyac:
EverMike,

Do you really mean "keywords," i.e. specially assigned words, or do you mean searching full text for particular words?
--- End quote ---

I'll try to answer for him.  What he meant was, when talking about automatically assigning notes to categories, you can set up a category to include all notes that have certain keywords in them.  So if that keyword is anywhere in the note, that note will automatically be placed in that category.  For example, you can set up a category to include all notes that have the word "rjbull".  If you click on that category now in the list on the left side of the screen, then the notes will be filtered down to all the rjbull notes.

EverMike:
Well said!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version