ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

<< < (147/192) > >>

adriatic:
It's been a while since the last time I've posted on Notecase Pro here.
Perhaps someone might be interested in a news.

Notecase Pro has been progressing quite quickly due to good feedback and ideas I've been getting lately.
Some of the new implemented features since my last post:
- task management (each note can be a task too)
- note cloning
- text alignment formatting (left, right, center)
- scripting automation by using Lua interpreter language engine
- note templates
- note bookmarks
- printing document outline (titles arranged in a hierarchy tree)
- search by regular expressions
- search by note date fields, by "is attachment" or by "is task" status
- flat view can have multiple columns, sortable

Being prepared for the next version:
- syntax highlighting
- line numbers in the text view editor
- superscript and subscript formatting
- vertical layout (notes tree over the text view)
- more Lua scripts with new exported functions

urlwolf:
zim (the notetaker I use on linux) is evolving a lot too.
It's being ported to python. It offers an equation editor. It runs on windows (not trivial, not portable, but interesting). Open source. PLus it's actually a personal wiki, could be very useful to crack down a site in a flash.

Version control included.

perfectnotes:
I like what you're doing with the reviews of notetaking software, but there's another genre of notetaking software that you have missed that adds an audio recording to the notes. Within this category, there is a product that is just coming onto the market called PerfectNotesTM brand notetaking software. It is unique in that it records everything it hears while you take notes. At any time, you can create markers that you can come back to later. Then you can replay your markers later at your own pace to see what you missed. This way, when you are in a class or a lecture and you wish you could stop the professor, rewind him, and hear it again, you can! It's instant replay for your life. If you're interested, check it out at http://www.perfectnotes.com. If you're interested in doing a review, I can send you a microphone you can use.

Rachel Rehm
Marketing Manager
PerfectNotes Corporation

Dormouse:
This way, when you are in a class or a lecture and you wish you could stop the professor, rewind him, and hear it again, you can! It's instant replay for your life. If you're interested, check it out at http://www.perfectnotes.com. -perfectnotes (December 27, 2008, 10:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Interesting idea.
But would need to know price/likely price.
Basic functionality seems limited.
To be used as a real-time note-taker it needs to be built for speed. But there is no right click menu.
Using mouse on timemark buttons means a lot of movement away from keyboard & writing.
Need way to add and edit timemark buttons.
Probably needs the standard note-keeping outline pane as well as tabs.
Automatic back up is essential.

Despite my preference for mouse use, notebooks are easiest done just from keyboard most of the time, so everything in perfectnotes needs to be easily done through keyboard.

Portable is better.

Being able to insert clickable checkboxes would make it much more useful.

I look forward to seeing new versions.

Dormouse:
Using mouse on timemark buttons means a lot of movement away from keyboard & writing.-Dormouse (December 27, 2008, 11:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Would work well on later editing with recording running though. But would then need to be able to do that edit on the timeline later.

Would also be good if snippets can be taken out of recording and put in notes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version