ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

<< < (145/192) > >>

jeromg:
Hi folks,

Just a quick note to share my experience... I've been looking for the perfect outliner/note-taking app for a long time, I've tried many of them and I've never been satisfied up to the point where I consider writing my own! During this quest I've tried SQLNotes several times, never being able to overcome the initial learning curve.

Today I decided to take some time to try it again (after reading posts from well-respected fellows here), this is an incredibly flexible program! I'm sharing this for those of reading these lines who, like me, never invested enouch time. Thanks Pierre-Paul for this really great application! I'm really excited at the perspective of digging even more all the features!
Merci Pierre-Paul!

Cheers  /jerome

J-Mac:
I downloaded it again after many attempts to work with it in the past - I am high-tech in some areas, but databases, since dBase III+ went away a million or so years ago, are my definite Kryptonite!  I also never put a lot of effort into it.  But I am going to give it another shot, too!

And I see that Pierre has now put a price on the finished product - and it appears to be eminently reasonable.  At least as reasonable - or more so - than other commercial products in the same genus.

Thanks Pierre.

Jim

Armando:
As a daily VERY enthusiast user of SQLNotes, I think it's important to remember that SQLNotes is still beta and will have rough edges, bugs and missing features (for some) until V1... but less and less as the software gets closer to release time...  ;)
Heck... I use it everyday to do increasingly complex stuff!!

J-Mac:
As a daily VERY enthusiast user of SQLNotes, I think it's important to remember that SQLNotes is still beta and will have rough edges, bugs and missing features (for some) until V1... but less and less as the software gets closer to release time...  ;)
-Armando (August 03, 2008, 09:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

As does Ultra Recall, and Evernote, and OneNote 2007, etc., etc....

All may not be beta versions, but all also cannot claim perfection! Heck, what software application can?  :)

BTW, the above comment is not meant to be a slam against any of the mentioned programs; IMO, all the apps on my computer have those same attributes mentioned by Armando - some rough edges, bugs, and missing features. I just mentioned those three because they happen to be notes-related.  And actually all are superior in their class!

Jim

PS - DC pages are not rendering well at all at the time of this post. Something going on with the servers, mouser? (Other sites all look fine to me).

jpm2112:
Hey everyone.

I've posted in this thread a few times about my company's note taking software, NoteScribe, and I just wanted to let you all know that we've made a few updates. We just released a premium version of our software which now includes an organizational calendar that sends reminders through email, text message, and desktop pop-up, multiple databases to separate, work, school, home, or whatever type of notes you have, and the upgrade also allows you to create multiple sources and multiple categories for notes.

Awhile back when I posted, people mentioned not being pleased with the "nag screen". We've toned that down as well, so it's not displayed every time the program is started. If you check out the program, please let us know of any other suggestions for improvement that you would like to see (we're currently working on a web-based version, and also a Mac version, just to clarify before posting this!).

Visit www.NoteScribe.net for more information and a free download. Thanks again everyone!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version