ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

<< < (130/192) > >>

PPLandry:
>Will the filter-as-you-type be able to search the html pane?

The HTML pane uses a field just like all others (ItemHTML, a text field), but with a specialized editor. So yes it will work. A related field is ItemHTMLText which contains the text part of the HTML (without all the markup). I recommend using that one for searching since formatting markup will not get in the way.

superboyac:
>Will the filter-as-you-type be able to search the html pane?

The HTML pane uses a field just like all others (ItemHTML, a text field), but with a specialized editor. So yes it will work. A related field is ItemHTMLText which contains the text part of the HTML (without all the markup). I recommend using that one for searching since formatting markup will not get in the way.
-PPLandry (December 06, 2007, 12:53 PM)
--- End quote ---
Great!  That means I can use SQL as an Evernote replacement if I want.  This program continues to amaze me.

PPLandry:
Great! There are a few things missing to be an Evernote replacement, one of which is IE and FF (and hopefully Opera) right-click menu to copy content...

Does anyone at DC know how to do that? Initial search of the web did not give much...

superboyac:
I can't answer that since I don't know anything about programming.  You'd probably have to make a FF extension like evernote does.  I will say one thing, Evernotes web-clipping extension is amazingly accurate.  A lot of webclipping programs are not very accurate, but Evernote does it right pretty much every time.

PPLandry:
One reason why many programs have inaccurate clipping (unlike Evernote) is that these use an RTF editor, not an HTML editor and the conversion from HTML to RTF is very problematic. SQLNotes uses a native HTML Editor so I expect good results. Grabbing this DC page for example looks identical except for missing borders (quick tweak of the html code fixed it) and font sizes (which most likely reference styles sheets)

It should also be possible to clip in MHT (or EML) format which would also clip images and styles (and not simply reference them)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version