ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

<< < (122/192) > >>

iphigenie:
Oh I expect this thread to go on forever, but it would be helpful if people clarify what type of "note taking" they have in mind when they write an opinion/criticism/praise

On my personal quests I have found many decent programs for #1 and #2 - all of which have been mentioned somewhere on this thread. But for #3 I haven't found anything, tried many outliners and write-oriented word processors... and end up not using them after a first "burst" of activity. And I don't have a mac so I cant try the sexiest program in that category :S

Darwin:
Thought I'd answered this earlier, but clearly haven't: SuperboyAC - are you familiar with the phrase "wild goose chase", I'm pretty sure that this is what doublewitt was getting at with "goose chaser". Essentially, you're wasting your time trying to attain the unattainable.

superboyac:
Ah!  I see.  Well, that's not so bad.

Maybe our quest for the perfect notetaker is a wild goose chase, but at least we can try, right?  Let the goose chasing continue for another 25 pages!

Darwin:
Ah!  I see.  Well, that's not so bad.

Maybe our quest for the perfect notetaker is a wild goose chase, but at least we can try, right?  Let the goose chasing continue for another 25 pages!
-superboyac (September 19, 2007, 04:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed! It's a noble and worthwhile pursuit (and a lot of fun, too!). Thanks for starting the thread, Aram  :Thmbsup:

Armando:
Let the goose chasing continue for another 25 pages!
-superboyac (September 19, 2007, 04:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Here's another one (SQLNotes) that looks worth looking at, especially that PPLandry (developer) has started to post here :

Thanks. Yes I'm a long time Ecco user and designer of SQLNotes (code name) which takes the Ecco outline/grid concept and improves on it. Currently SQLNotes is missing some PIM aspects, but it already is a great Note-taker, 1 or 2 pane outliner with grid, and overall flexible database. Everybody is welcomed to download a free copy at www.sqlnotes.net. (and please report any problems to help clean it up.). Runs on Windows and Mac under Parallels.

I have seen and read that thread with great interest, along with the summary at https://www.donationcoder.com/Reviews/Archive/NoteTakers1/index.php :

Great work, perhaps it could be updated with some SQLNotes info  :)

Pierre
-PPLandry (September 17, 2007, 07:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

:P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version