ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

<< < (35/192) > >>

rjbull:
Treepad Asia does not really work with Asian languages. It works only if you have that language version of Windows installed.
-tokjdm (April 27, 2006, 06:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

I didn't realise that.  It's not good.  Treeline supports Unicode, I think, but is still a standard treepad-style organiser.  Its data format is XML, so you have some hope of conversion later.

learned:
I have to admit I'm a fan of Evernote and think it holds the most promise. The biggest weaknesses/opportunities I see for it thus far:

Titles (Mike has already addressed this here)

Better Tag Filtering (Regular Expressions Perhaps?)

When I capture entire web pages, I'd like to go back later and mass delete canned blocks (il.e. banners) which would require some pretty extensive find/replace capability

Easier entering of tags...the rubber stamp tool is clumsy

Synchronization and Archival

I agree that tags are the way of the future. I don't want to deal with hierarchy any more. Delicious currently has my favorite tag implementation.

tinyvillager:
Surfulater gets a big thumbs up from me,i purchased a copy maybe three or so months back and it improves
with each release.Ever since my browser bookmarks have gotten out of control i've taken to bookmarking
and flat out backing up entire pages with Surfulater.At first glance it looks like an untamable beast,kinda like
The Bat !,but given patience it ends up being really good a organizer of information.

My only gripe and it's a gripe that carries on to all programmers,no love for the Opera Browser.
I'm no programmer,so this might actually be Opera's fought,maybe too closed (again acting like
i know how programming works :-[)but from an end user experience i want some love for Opera.

kfitting:
As I understand it, it is Opera's fault.  Opera does not copy HTML to the clipboard like IE or FF, just plain text.  This also means it doesn't copy RTF either... I don't understand why, it does get cumbersome to always open another browser when I want to save something... but, there you have it.

Kevin

nevf:
As I understand it, it is Opera's fault.  Opera does not copy HTML to the clipboard like IE or FF, just plain text.  This also means it doesn't copy RTF either... I don't understand why, it does get cumbersome to always open another browser when I want to save something... but, there you have it.

Kevin
-kfitting (April 29, 2006, 08:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Opera has padlocks on all the doors. They see this as a big feature as Opera users don't suffer from spyware and the like. The downside is developers can't hook into Opera and do anything usefull. The need to open the doors a little and work with us folks. I've tried contacting them, but never got anywhere.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version