ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Task\Project Utility

(1/3) > >>

adenjago:

Hi guys

Longer time lurker, first time Poster....loved the site for ages......and the help from some the utilities has been invaluable

after following the Organised Text thread it reminder of I project\task utility I have
been hunting around for years, but not found anything suitable for needs

Basically it's like a Task\Project Manager (preferably portable & which sits in the task bar)

I do alot of upgrades for a customers which involve some repetition, so I generally try to use the following folder structures (sometimes i'm on the customers site, sometimes remotely, hence the portability) to try and keep the things simple including the workflow

I guess im after some type treedb crossed with a mini File Explorer Manager.....I think...
at the moment I just have several explorer windows open witch I copy and paste and move files from

Customer..\notes.txt (general info about upgrades...contacts\Times\dates\notes)
..............\Reports  (results of the pre & post upgrade reports .txt)
..............\Upgrade (collection of txt files about the upgrade)
..............\Harvest (collection of .ini\.pf\.st files basically txt & config files)
..............\licenses (collection of reg files)
..............\scripts  (collection of batch files)

if any know of any tools.....I would be interested....

I have looked Filehamster & sqlnotes and things like that but they the seem either
to bulky or not really for for my needs

apologies though If I have not explained it very well

adenjago:
the closest app or something which is like what im looking for is NotesLogExp Software V2009

NotesLogExp Software V2009

rjbull:
At time of writing, 2010-08-03, 22:36 GMT, your link is 404'd.

adenjago:

strange...was working when I posted.......Updated with a new link....thanks

rjbull:
Working now, thanks  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version