ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

power management software - free

(1/1)

techidave:
 does anyone know of any kind of power management software that will work on a network?  for windows machines using windows server 2003 with active directory. something free, open source, or low cost would be great!

Actually want something that will give me a central control over the power settings on the other computers on the network.  They are running Win XP Pro SP3

i have looked at the demo on www.absolute.com/power but it does way more than what I want.

I will have 110 computers this year (down from the last year).  with our declining enrollment, we need to pinch pennies anywhere we can.  by the way, we are a K-12 public school here in the heartland of the United States (Kansas).

thanks in advanced,
dave

techidave:
by the way I have read the suggestions from energystar.gov but haven't actually tried any of their recommendations.  Has anyone tried them?

software options

Curt:
-your own link seems to hold the answer @ http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=power_mgt.pr_power_mgt_ez_gpo

3) EZ GPO allows a network administrator to centrally control computer power management settings on Windows 2000 and XP PCs using Group Policy Objects.
--- End quote ---

techidave:
You are correct, Curt.  But the real question was has anyone out there in DC land used any of this stuff before?  The OP probably didn't have the question stated very clearly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version