ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Question about AutoHotkey scripting

<< < (3/4) > >>

skwire:

--- Code: Autohotkey ---~k::{    If ( A_PriorHotKey = A_ThisHotKey && A_TimeSincePriorHotkey < 200 )    {        SendInput, ^!{F4}    }}Return

jdd:
skwire,  That worked like a charm! :Thmbsup:

Can you show me the script to use kj to simulate control-Alt-F4?

Thanks,
jdd

jdd:
Mouser,

Can TapTap Hotkey Extender be used to simulate three simultaneous keystrokes such as Ctrl-Alt-F4 by tapping with one hand?  I couldn't seem to get the syntax right in the ini file.

Thanks,
jdd

skwire:
Do as OkRob suggested and use a hotstring:

--- Code: Autohotkey ---:*?:kj::{    SendInput, ^!{F4}}Return

mouser:
Can TapTap Hotkey Extender be used to simulate three simultaneous keystrokes
--- End quote ---
not sure what you are asking -- taptap can't detect a triple tap, only double taps (though this is possibly something that could be added); but it should be able to simulate combinations of 3 or more keys when triggered.

regarding taptap solution vs autohotkey solution, ahk is an incredibly powerful and versatile tool that can do tons of things.
wheras taptap was designed with one thing in mind, detecting these kinds of tapping keypresses as efficiently as possible with smallest impact on cpu and memory and resources.

this is something to care about because these are keypresses that are happening constantly as you type, and you don't want it slowing down your pc.

while i can't say definitively that taptap works more efficiently for this task, that would be my strong suspicion and i'd love to see some benchmarks comparing the two approaches.  though in truth it may be that the impact is minimal, when doing anything but heavy keyboard pounding, if even then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version