ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: right-click to display geotagged image on map

<< < (4/5) > >>

parkint:
Picasa does this!
I upload photos that have been geotagged by my Eye-Fi card.
Then, when viewing them in an 'album' on the Picasa web site, I can select one and a small Google map appears that shows the 'pin' for that location.

I hope I did not burst anyone's bubble.  I just saw this post for the first time.

gtoal:
Picasa does this!
I upload photos that have been geotagged by my Eye-Fi card.
Then, when viewing them in an 'album' on the Picasa web site, I can select one and a small Google map appears that shows the 'pin' for that location.

I hope I did not burst anyone's bubble.  I just saw this post for the first time.
-parkint (August 06, 2010, 05:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's OK, it's not the same thing at all.  You're talking about photos on a web site (or possibly inside the Picasa program) - What Jody wrote for us does thie same thing but for files on your disk in a regular directory.

regards,

Graham "It takes more than a prikkelpop to burst my bubbles" Toal.

skwire:
gtoal, can we call this one done after the latest changes?

gtoal:
gtoal, can we call this one done after the latest changes?
-skwire (August 09, 2010, 09:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes of course, sorry I didn't realise we did a formal sign off.  (This is the first time someone here has implemented one of my suggestions.  Actually it may be the first time I've actually posted a suggestion now I think of it :-) )

Yes, it's done, and it's a good piece of code which I really hope other folks will also find useful.  Much appreciated, thanks.

Graham

lothark:
Great idea, and I'd love this utility to work for me, but its operation at present is inconsistent.

First, it seems to depend on which camera an image came from. Second, it won't find the GPS data in an original image, but it will find it in a resized version of the same image. Third, when it does find the GPS data and displays it in Google maps, the location is incorrect, getting the sign of the longitude wrong.

Here are some images taken in Carcassone France that illustrate this problem.

Can't find GPS data for this original image.
The resized version of the same image goes to incorrect Google Maps location - West instead of East longitude. Camera is Nikon D80.

It does find the GPS data for this original image, but shows the location as West instead of East. Camera is Panasonic DMC-FX30.

I'm using GeoLocate version 1.0.0.16, downloaded today.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version