ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

TicTac 1.7.0.0

<< < (5/7) > >>

MilesAhead:
I spoke too soon.  Since AutoIt3 and AutoHotKey are so similar I confuse the two and forget which app I did in which.  ahk you can just lay another hotkey on top. But not all the number keys have a function when numlock is off.

The best I could do is detect if Numlock is off, and if so, turn it on. I could put it as an .ini file setting.  I think I'd have it default to not interfere with Numlock unless the user sets it to '1' in the .ini file.  That's probably the safest bet.

tomos:
I spoke too soon.  Since AutoIt3 and AutoHotKey are so similar I confuse the two and forget which app I did in which.  ahk you can just lay another hotkey on top. But not all the number keys have a function when numlock is off.

The best I could do is detect if Numlock is off, and if so, turn it on. I could put it as an .ini file setting.  I think I'd have it default to not interfere with Numlock unless the user sets it to '1' in the .ini file.  That's probably the safest bet.
-MilesAhead (August 04, 2010, 03:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

no need to do it for my sake anyways - cause, as I say, I'm going to stick with numlock on

MilesAhead:
That's ok.  I think it's a good feature since I can forget to have Numlock on too. It's already done.  :)

edit: I must say it was kind of fun to use the Check for Update on my other machine.  Usually I have to open the browser to my hotkey page, download and replace to make sure the downloaded file works. It's a kludge but if the user clicks Yes to download the newer file, it's downloaded into the home folder of the program, the zip file and folder are opened, and the program quits. Just drag & drop from the zip file to update.

MilesAhead:
TicTac 1.6.0.0 Added TurnNumlockOn option to .ini file. The program checks the Numlock state on startup. If Numlock is off, and TurnNumlockOn setting is 1, then it will turn NumLock On.  Otherwise it leaves it alone.

MilesAhead:
TicTac Lite is available from the same page. It works the same as TicTac, but instead of using a Tray Icon Menu, it just uses an invisible window and hotkeys. I implemented it as a vc++ Win32 message loop with no icons or other resources to keep it small.

When run, if it loads successfully you should hear a chime. Press Alt-F1 for About box(with opportunity to donate.) :)  Press Win-NumberPad0 to get a Quit confirmation dialog.  Win-NumPad1 - 9 moves the active window same as TicTac.

The download link is directly below the one for TicTac.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version