ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Synchronizing a few folders between two machines?

<< < (6/12) > >>

Armando:
Thanks sajman99.

I actually downloaded and tried Bvckup and I really liked it ! I find that for real time sync it works even better than other products like Super Flexible File Sync. It's fast, doesn't take much resource, etc.

The only problem is the VSS option to copy in use files. But the author told me that it would be implemented in the next beta. As soon as this will be available, I'll try it again.

It's a nice and well designed app. Not many features (it's not the goal here), but simple and efficient.

Armando:
Oh... And I'll take a look at DSynchronize... Just read the description on the website and I liked what I saw. Thanks!

tomos:
Darwin says he's impressed with Oops!Backup
I'm running the trial of Oops!Backup now.
[...]
If OB stays stable over the coming weeks, I'll be buying a license for sure.
-Darwin (September 07, 2010, 09:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

also does delta copying, with a twist (it's not clear though if the file is copied in it's entirety and the older version is then 'delta-ed'):
With ReverseDelta, the latest version of a file is always made available in its entirety and not as a delta file. This means that if you require the latest version of a file, it is possible to access it directly from your backup drive without having to rebuild the file from delta files. The delta files are only used if you want to build a previous version of the file, building one delta file at a time for each version as you travel back in time in the reverse direction.
--- End quote ---
http://www.altaro.com/backup-reversedelta.php

seems reasonably priced at $29

Armando:
I looked at oopsbackup. I think the problem at the time had to do with restoring files : couldn't restore a few specific files. Only full directories or one single file at a time, did not tell how long a backup would take to complete, and couldn't have multiple backup sets.

There was also a few nice post there about some of these software :

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=22386.0

sajman99:
I actually downloaded and tried Bvckup and I really liked it ! I find that for real time sync it works even better than other products like Super Flexible File Sync. It's fast, doesn't take much resource, etc.

The only problem is the VSS option to copy in use files. But the author told me that it would be implemented in the next beta. As soon as this will be available, I'll try it again.

It's a nice and well designed app. Not many features (it's not the goal here), but simple and efficient.
-Armando (September 07, 2010, 03:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yep, the real time sync seems to work well in Bvckup. The Volume Shadow Copying section is currently greyed out in v1.0.0.359, but it's good to know the author has plans for this feature.

btw I only just realized the second letter of Bvckup is actually the Greek letter delta--as in delta copying. Duh...I've been using this program for weeks now and never realized.  :-[ ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version