ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

lap top cooling pad

<< < (4/5) > >>

fk:
This is the best laptop stand and cooler I have used.  The fan speed is adjustable, the angle of the stand is adjustable, and the fan has an off-on switch.  You no longer need worry about the laptop getting hot on your lap, or a pillow/cushion blocking the vents.  

Newegg has a $10 rebate which makes it the lowest price I've found.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834997818

COOLER MASTER NotePal Ergo Stand Model R9-NBS-4UAK Notebook Cooler  

$34.99
($24.99 after $10.00 Mail-In Rebate)   $4.99 Shipping*  

Midnight Rambler:
Have been using Targus Ergonomic X-Stand for Laptops AWE09US with good results.  It's sturdy, raises laptop enough for effective cooling, sets nice angle, and draws no power.  Look for under $20 shipped.

siouxdax:
I've always been skeptical about these pads, so not long after I purchased my laptop I picked up a Targus laptop stand. It's just a little four-armed adjustable stand that raises the laptop a little over an inch in the rear, slanting downward toward the front. I've never had any heat issues, and I've had this laptop for nearly six years.

cchian:
Before investing in a cooling pad you may first want to find the root cause of the overheating, after time dust can build up on the cooling fan and vents raising the system temperature.  With most laptops you should be able to use a can of compressed air to blow off most of the dust without opening the laptop.  Keeping your work area clean and/or the laptop raised will also lessen the amount of dust that will get sucked into the system over time. 

mouser:
very good advice about dust in the cooling fan and vents.

but be very careful about this step:

With most laptops you should be able to use a can of compressed air to blow off most of the dust without opening the laptop.
--- End quote ---

i think we have had some threads in the past about how easy it is to destroy a computer when blowing compressed air into it.  in fact i destroyed one of mine in exactly that fashion, and it wasn't pretty (the thread is still on dc somewhere about my ordeal).

do look for dust and see if you can remove it with tweezers, then look around the web for other ways to clean the fan.  that really goes for all fans on all pcs, not just laptops.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version