ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

DRM Management

<< < (6/8) > >>

Darwin:
Ah, no. Whenever I buy DRM tracks/albums, I immediately burn them to CD. So, I've got access to the tracks but I have quite a few that I purchased about 8 years ago that I can no longer play from the orginal files, as the DRM licenses are MIA and Puretracks won't let me download up to date licenses anymore.

J-Mac:
Ah, no. Whenever I buy DRM tracks/albums, I immediately burn them to CD. So, I've got access to the tracks but I have quite a few that I purchased about 8 years ago that I can no longer play from the orginal files, as the DRM licenses are MIA and Puretracks won't let me download up to date licenses anymore.
-Darwin (August 02, 2010, 12:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

So you burned them to CD. Now have you tried ripping them back to your hard drive as MP3? With something other than WMP?

Jim

Darwin:
No, no, I'm not explaining myseff well  ;D

The originally purchased wma and/or mp3 files no longer play because the DRM files are long since gone. The CD's, and any mp3/wma file I rip from them, play fine. However, when I re-rip the CD files to a compressed format, I lose audio integrity. It tangentially (also) ticks me off that the files I paid for are no longer accessible to me. At any rate, I'd like to get rid of the files that I can no longer play and the app suggested sounds like just the ticket to do this quickly.

J-Mac:
OK. Me? I have burned and re-ripped DRM tracks back to MP3 and they play fine here. Of course I am not extremely discriminating regarding very high-quality sound; $200 stereo always sounded as good as $2,000 one to me, so the re-ripped MP3's sound fine to me.

Jim

skwire:
Darwin, would you mind emailing a couple of unplayable tracks to me for testing purposes? 

[email protected]

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version